JLP wdm-ks player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: JLP wdm-ks player

Post by sbgk »

erin wrote:OK, I think I've tried JLP.

I downloaded LMS server.
Installed Local Player by triode.
Put portaudio_x64dllv17 into C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\LocalPlayer\Bin
Put squeezelite.exev17 into C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\LocalPlayer\Bin

No audio
stopped server.
Restarted server.
Got audio playing

Selected the KS Option from the Local Player output device.
Played some audio.

Have I done everything correctly?
now rename squeezelite-win.exe to squeezelite-win.exeorig and squeezelite-win.exev17 to squeezelite-win.exe and portaudio_x64.dllv17 to portaudio_x64.dll and restart lms
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

sbgk wrote: have uploaded start and list devices bat files, start will need your device name, copy it to make ones for other devices
Thank you, but still can't manage it to work. (the system cannot find path specified)

BTW v17 sounds amazing, I'll test it later.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

John Dot wrote:
sbgk wrote: have uploaded start and list devices bat files, start will need your device name, copy it to make ones for other devices
Thank you, but still can't manage it to work. (the system cannot find path specified)

John,
I think you need to edit those .bat files, to insert your exact path to that /bin folder, what could be different than Gordon released.
I haven't tried it yet, but just simply looking into your screen shot.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
erin

Post by erin »

sbgk wrote: now rename squeezelite-win.exe to squeezelite-win.exeorig and squeezelite-win.exev17 to squeezelite-win.exe and portaudio_x64.dllv17 to portaudio_x64.dll and restart lms
Gordon, am I meant to have both portaudio.dll and portaudio_x64.dll in the C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\LocalPlayer\Bin folder?

When I only had the portaudio_x64.dll file in this folder it threw an error saying I needed portaudio.dll.

Thanks for your help.
There is only so much cake in the world!
When the greedy people want to have more than their fair share, then there is less cake for everyone else.
Buy locally.
Build locally.
Grow locally.
Share locally.
Results in a fair slice of the cake for everyone.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

erin wrote:
sbgk wrote: now rename squeezelite-win.exe to squeezelite-win.exeorig and squeezelite-win.exev17 to squeezelite-win.exe and portaudio_x64.dllv17 to portaudio_x64.dll and restart lms
Gordon, am I meant to have both portaudio.dll and portaudio_x64.dll in the C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\LocalPlayer\Bin folder?

When I only had the portaudio_x64.dll file in this folder it threw an error saying I needed portaudio.dll.

Thanks for your help.
delete squeezelite-win.exe or rename
put in squeezelite-win.exev17 and rename to squeezelite-win.exe (its x64)

your error message comes up because youve got the original squeezelite-win.exe which is x86

got mine working earlier just worked first time dunno what i was at yesterday (slow day)
17 seems better but need more detail/better timing
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

cvrle59 wrote:
John Dot wrote:

John,
I think you need to edit those .bat files, to insert your exact path to that /bin folder, what could be different than Gordon released.
I haven't tried it yet, but just simply looking into your screen shot.
Tried all ways - no effect.
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

erin wrote:

Thanks for your help.
Remember to stop server before any change.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

John Dot wrote:

looks likr you're installed on d drive
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

sbgk wrote:
John Dot wrote:

looks likr you're installed on d drive
The bat files were on D drive. I installed LMS and SL to their default destinations.
I have found c:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\prefs\plugin\localplayer.prefs
There is output device stored. I'm trying to use it... will report.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

the batch file was incorrect, I was using -b 2000:2000000 and changed it to -b 0:2000000 in the uploaded file

seems the minimum size of -b x:y is 1000 for x

so using -b 1000:2000 works

was trying different sizes of latency, 10 is near 448 samples for 16/44 and 23 is near 1024 samples

also trying latency 10000 and x = 10000, still not sure of x does anything, but the fact there is a minimum size is unexpected, shall turn logging on and check

think max latency is 1000, doesn't sound that good, 500 is ok, changing x seems to have an effect setting to 10000 and it seems longer before the music starts and there is an effect on sq, not sure if it's good, but different sized buffers can affect the noise.