JLP wdm-ks player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
lost

Re: JLP wdm-ks player

Post by lost »

For VC2013 C++, please download and install 32 bit instead of 64 bit for the exe to work~
JLP WinServer2012 R2, Pioneer-N50, Arcam-A22 Amp, DIY silver coated USB cable~
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

lost wrote:For VC2013 C++, please download and install 32 bit instead of 64 bit for the exe to work~
thanks will try
sounds right
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg, still some tricks to try. Profile guided optimisation made quite a difference to MQn so will be trying that.
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

lost wrote:For VC2013 C++, please download and install 32 bit instead of 64 bit for the exe to work~
Thanks, now it works.
SBGK is update settings critical to SQ? I have 4 audio devices so it's very annoying switching to another one.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

John Dot wrote:
Thanks, now it works.
SBGK is update settings critical to SQ? I have 4 audio devices so it's very annoying switching to another one.
a better option might be to start sqeezelite with it's own parameters outside of lms, then you could just click on a batch file to start up the device you want, shall confirm if that's an option.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

i need assitance i seem to be having a slow day

i cant get sound out of v16 at all

ive put in vs13 x86 and 64 and put in and renamed the dll, squeeze -win and affinity

stopped media server while putting in the started it up
in localplayer settings says squeezelite not running and ive no options at all

i assume ive missed something
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

nige2000 wrote:i need assitance i seem to be having a slow day

ive put in vs13 x86 and 64 and put in and renamed the dll, squeeze -win and affinity

I had similar situation, so I uninstalled LMS completely, and I put it back again.
That was my fix, nothing else worked. It doesn't really take long to do it.
I hope you get it back quick.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

nige2000 wrote:i need assitance i seem to be having a slow day

Nigel

Sometimes that happens with my setup as well.
I just stop the server, exit the controlpanel. Start the control panel again and start the server, manually.
Most times it will come back up.
Check the status of squeezelite at: http://<ip-address of LMS>:9000/plugins/Extensions/settings/plugins/LocalPlayer/settings/basic.html

It will show if SqueezeLite is running.

BTW
Installing/repairing both vs2013 x86 and x64 made the affinity program work at last.

Cheers

Aleg
Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

Well, I had to give JLP a try, even if only on my study pc. Took a bit of fiddling and jigging with versions. I've suffered the isues noted above with squeezelite becoming unresponsive. Something managed to lockup the interface to my Audiophile 2496 soundcard on this machine at one point and I ended up having to reinstall the driver.

Listening to some sounds right now on my trusty old Grados. I think it sounds pretty good (latest versions of the exe and dll). Haven't bothered with the core affinity changes yet.

Next step will be dropping it into the main replay system alongside JRMC/JPlay for a shootout.

Using the remote app on my android phone this is much more civilised than good ole MQN. Good work Gordon.
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

Might be useful for someone. To play MP3 Squeezelite needs libmpg123-0.dll x64 version: http://www.mpg123.de/download/win64/

BTW I'm testing now v160x0. I'm not sure yet, but this one is #1 candidate.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)