Vinyl oops!

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
jaybee

Vinyl oops!

Post by jaybee »

I seem to have put the cart before the horse and bought records before a TT!!

Went to see Hiss Golden Messenger/William Tyler double header at whelans last night and bought two 180g albums from the artists....
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Ivor

Re: Vinyl oops!

Post by Ivor »

Excellent!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Good on you! When are getting this tt? Which models are on the short list? Or you could get the album below and make your own ;)

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

The new William Tyler album 's really good,i'd say he's great live...couldn't get to see him in cork on monday...
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

cybot wrote:Good on you! When are getting this tt? Which models are on the short list? Or you could get the album below and make your own ;)
At the moment I'm looking for either a used Project RPM5 or Rega P3-24/RP3, failing that I'll probably pick up a new RP1 or something completely left field!
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

jadarin wrote:The new William Tyler album 's really good,i'd say he's great live...couldn't get to see him in cork on monday...
He is good, although I must say Hiss Golden Messenger stole the show for me!

I find there's only so much solo guitar noodling I can listen to at a stretch!, makes for good shuffle hits, or background listening, and his abilities are unquestionable, but I dont think Id sit and lsiten to the album the whole way through.
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

Super Extra Bonus!

both albums come with free downloads of digital copies!
cybot

Post by cybot »

jaybee wrote:
cybot wrote:Good on you! When are getting this tt? Which models are on the short list? Or you could get the album below and make your own ;)
At the moment I'm looking for either a used Project RPM5 or Rega P3-24/RP3, failing that I'll probably pick up a new RP1 or something completely left field!
The Pro-Ject RPM5 sounds and looks good. The Rega's look like good value but they're not my favourite tt's. Good luck with your search anyway....
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

jaybee wrote:Super Extra Bonus!

both albums come with free downloads of digital copies!

That's becoming more common with new releases (as opposed to re-releases)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
bod

Post by bod »

My brother has a Technics 1210 he wants to sell if you`re interested. I`ll have to check it out for you first as it`s been in the attic for a while.