Amazon Fee Hike for 3rd Party Sellers

Jared

Amazon Fee Hike for 3rd Party Sellers

Post by Jared »

I thought you might find this interesting, being as we all use the site:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... hird-party

it appears that the tax-dodging Multi-National Corp is starting to flex it's muscles over the small trader...
fergus

Re: Amazon Fee Hike for 3rd Party Sellers

Post by fergus »

Interesting all right! I have mentioned before that although the cost of postage has increased significantly over the past year or so I have been informed by Amazon marketplace sellers that Amazon did not increase their contribution towards this, hence increased prices. Prices will only be further increased by this move obviously.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

That's very bad news.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I have in the past found play.com to occasionally be cheaper, even for the same discs with the same 3rd party sellers. Since play is moving exclusively to that model, there may be healthy competition there.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Jared

Post by Jared »

Diapason wrote:I have in the past found play.com to occasionally be cheaper, even for the same discs with the same 3rd party sellers. Since play is moving exclusively to that model, there may be healthy competition there.
I have bought two Blu Rays from them over the past few weeks, both significantly cheaper than on Amazon, although their range is very limited indeed. I have noticed that Zoverstocks are also now selling on Play.Com, but I feel they've got an awful lot of catching up to do; however these austere measures being put in place by Amazon, may help them catch up. Of course, their 3rd party sellers aren't able to add £1.26 postal charge on, which helps buyers. I guess time will tell.
markof

Post by markof »

I have found http://www.parcelmotel.com very good for those items with free delivery to the UK only or which are restricted to the UK.
They have an address in the North and courier from there to their locations in the south for €3.00

Mark.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
james

Post by james »

Another interesting Guardian article on this topic ..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... ssary-evil
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Jared

Post by Jared »

^^ yes, I read that one yesterday James, and I should have posted it.... thanks for pointing it out...