A new website for my art!

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Ciaran

A new website for my art!

Post by Ciaran »

I've been working away for the last several weeks making a website to display my art. I thought maybe you would be interested. After days of patient coding with my bare hands, and lots of learning on the job and rewrites, hunting down all the affected code, the website is finally up. Lots to fill in still, but look tolerantly. There will be more over the next few weeks!

Modest

Re: A new website for my art!

Post by Modest »

Well done with your paintings Ciaran , the Website looks really very neat....
congratulations :)
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I like the website, Ciaran. It's very clean, very easy to navigate and it looks great.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

The website looks great Ciaran. Congrats!
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Well done Ciaran, very impressive work all 'round!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
fergus

Post by fergus »

Congratulations on your efforts all round Ciaran. Great site and more importantly, great work. Well done!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Thank you all! Simon, the ease of navigation was a top priority from the start: I hate it it when you can't find your way around a site easily. The fact that I was coding by hand as a non-expert meant that there was no temptation to use JavaScript or Flash, which is a good thing because all that flashy stuff just slows down the loading and just calls attention to itself, not the content of the site.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Seriously old-school to actually WRITE html. Cap doffed.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cybot

Post by cybot »

Best of luck with your artistic site Ciaran.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

It's not too difficult to write your own HTML code but it's very difficult to do a site as tidy, attractive and coherent as your's Ciaran. Very well done.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers