Tower Records Xmas party

DaveF

Tower Records Xmas party

Post by DaveF »

If you are on their mailing list then no doubt you have already received the email invite.

Weds 30th Nov, 7pm-9pm

"You can enjoy shopping in comfort with 20% discount while indulging with complimentary wine and nibbles! "

You need a printout of the email to gain entry so anyone that's interested but isnt on their mailing list should sign up now.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Tower Records Xmas party

Post by Fran »

Yes, got that email alright, but don't think I'll make it in on Wednesday.

They also operate a loyalty card - stamp for every tenner, and when the card is full (10 stamps) you can get 10% off.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Seán

Post by Seán »

Fran wrote:Yes, got that email alright, but don't think I'll make it in on Wednesday.

They also operate a loyalty card - stamp for every tenner, and when the card is full (10 stamps) you can get 10% off.

Fran
I use that card, but you have to ASK them to stamp it, they don't tell you if you don't know about it. They are not the brightest lights on the street, it has to be said.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Seán wrote:
Fran wrote:Yes, got that email alright, but don't think I'll make it in on Wednesday.

Fran
I use that card, but you have to ASK them to stamp it, they don't tell you if you don't know about it. They are not the brightest lights on the street, it has to be said.
well, they're not there to wipe your arse in fairness. Just hand in the card with your items and they'll stamp it. No big deal.
Plenty of times they ask you if you have a card in my experience.

Fight! Fight! ;-)
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I normally pull out the card and hand it to them with the laser. Once or twice they've asked me to fill in my name and address, but I think that was with a newer member of staff. Never happened with the "girl with the mostly metallic face" or the "lad with the unfeasably tall mohican".

Fran
Seán

Post by Seán »

Fran wrote:I normally pull out the card and hand it to them with the laser. Once or twice they've asked me to fill in my name and address, but I think that was with a newer member of staff. Never happened with the "girl with the mostly metallic face" or the "lad with the unfeasably tall mohican".

Fran
She hangs out at the back of the shop in the shrink wrapped, warped vinyl department. In the main the staff are very pleasant but.................oh hell!
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Seán wrote:
Fran wrote:I normally pull out the card and hand it to them with the laser. Once or twice they've asked me to fill in my name and address, but I think that was with a newer member of staff. Never happened with the "girl with the mostly metallic face" or the "lad with the unfeasably tall mohican".

Fran
She hangs out at the back of the shop in the shrink wrapped, warped vinyl department.
She's drawn to the the magnets in the PA speakers back there.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Gussy Finknottle

Post by Gussy Finknottle »

As Monty python say's <you lucky b*@tards-you luckyb*@stards> to have local access to a power house like Tower Records.If you lived down here in the arse end of Kerry you spoiled lot up there in the big smoke would really have something to complain about.Heading up next saturday for my annual visit to Tower
He who dies with the most expensive HiFi wins
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

You can order online you know, or over the phone and they'll post it out! U

If you're up this way on Saturday, feel free to call here for the meet on Sunday...

Fran
Seán

Post by Seán »

Gussy Finknottle wrote:As Monty python say's <you lucky b*@tards-you luckyb*@stards> to have local access to a power house like Tower Records.If you lived down here in the arse end of Kerry you spoiled lot up there in the big smoke would really have something to complain about.Heading up next saturday for my annual visit to Tower
Tower are far more expensive than Amazon, jpc et al and they do not compensate by employing knowledgeable staff either. I used to shop there at least once a week but not any longer.