MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: MQN

Post by nige2000 »

impressed with the detail and speed of 2.69, might be a new fav
reminds me of 2.67 only better and more likeable
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jrling

Post by jrling »

sbgk wrote:given how good the sound can be with MQn, you've got to think that the rest of the signal route doesn't affect the SQ that much, in which case getting the cpu to transfer the data is more of a problem than a solution and the sooner we can remove the player/cpu from the process the better.
Is this towards a DAC design which would be able to suck the whole file (s), and arrange the bits and timing on it's own way straight from the file, or I'm just dreaming not fully understanding your message?
Have to say that I have always dreamed of just that as the ultimate solution and was inspired by Tony's Player see here - http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/pcaud ... 11496.html

but I don't believe that either Tony or John Swenson took it further. Pity. I would be interested in doing so.

MQn doing its rendering in the DAC box reading from RAM would stand a chance of being the ultimate solution?
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

jrling wrote:
sbgk wrote:given how good the sound can be with MQn, you've got to think that the rest of the signal route doesn't affect the SQ that much, in which case getting the cpu to transfer the data is more of a problem than a solution and the sooner we can remove the player/cpu from the process the better.
Is this towards a DAC design which would be able to suck the whole file (s), and arrange the bits and timing on it's own way straight from the file, or I'm just dreaming not fully understanding your message?
Have to say that I have always dreamed of just that as the ultimate solution and was inspired by Tony's Player see here - http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/pcaud ... 11496.html

but I don't believe that either Tony or John Swenson took it further. Pity. I would be interested in doing so.

MQn doing its rendering in the DAC box reading from RAM would stand a chance of being the ultimate solution?
Sounds like a good project for Kickstarter...
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

right, another go at a final version.

uploaded 2.70 sse2 intel
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:right, another go at a final version.

uploaded 2.70 sse2 intel
You have 2 times listed the same file name. It's got to be an error.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

cvrle59 wrote:
sbgk wrote:right, another go at a final version.

uploaded 2.70 sse2 intel
You have 2 times listed the same file name. It's got to be an error.
google drive was being a bit sticky, doesn't affect the SQ.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

sbgk. try a 4 digits clockrate. 4644 instead of 46440. no need of 6 digits never sounded good.
minionas

Post by minionas »

jesuscheung wrote:sbgk. try a 4 digits clockrate. 4644 instead of 46440. no need of 6 digits never sounded good.
Hi,
Could you please share a registry path to clockrate variable?
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

minionas wrote:
jesuscheung wrote:sbgk. try a 4 digits clockrate. 4644 instead of 46440. no need of 6 digits never sounded good.
Hi,
Same registry path as changing Background from False to True listed in the Readme. The clock rate is right above it. Guessing you just modify to one of the numbers mentioned. It would be good if someone could clarify that part.
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
minionas

Post by minionas »

wushuliu wrote:
minionas wrote:
Hi,
Same registry path as changing Background from False to True listed in the Readme. The clock rate is right above it. Guessing you just modify to one of the numbers mentioned. It would be good if someone could clarify that part.
Thanks, i'll check this with some of earlier jesuscheung's mentioned numbers!