MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jesuscheung

Re: MQN

Post by jesuscheung »

cvrle59 wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:I am getting an error since I upgraded to Win 8.1
ERROR: The process "mqnplay.exe" with PID 7636 could not be terminated.
Reason: Access is denied.
This happens on loading, but it would continue to play.
Any idea...thanks!
Has anybody with Win 8.1 bumped into this error yet? I still don't know why it's happening.
i get that too. who cares. music is playing.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

jesuscheung wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:I am getting an error since I upgraded to Win 8.1
ERROR: The process "mqnplay.exe" with PID 7636 could not be terminated.
Reason: Access is denied.
This happens on loading, but it would continue to play.
Any idea...thanks!
Has anybody with Win 8.1 bumped into this error yet? I still don't know why it's happening.
i get that too. who cares. music is playing.
Personally, I do not either. Just in case, if someone figured out the way how to get rid of it.
Something stupid by OS.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Clive

Post by Clive »

With 8.1 I get a message about an active page flashed up but it plays.
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

Then maybe I'm the odd one out - MQn behaves in 8.1 just as it did under Win8 and Win8/7 Shell.

No odd messages, no annoying screens.

I'm not convinced the new Start button is really any better than Win8, but sonically I think it's an improvement.

Try playing tunes using the build in Music App. They don't sound too bad!
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

LowOrbit wrote:Then maybe I'm the odd one out - MQn behaves in 8.1 just as it did under Win8 and Win8/7 Shell.

No odd messages, no annoying screens.

I'm not convinced the new Start button is really any better than Win8, but sonically I think it's an improvement.

Try playing tunes using the build in Music App. They don't sound too bad!
I also run 8.1 no messages or screens... I did notice that my Avira antivirus caused errors so I uninstalled it.
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

given how good the sound can be with MQn, you've got to think that the rest of the signal route doesn't affect the SQ that much, in which case getting the cpu to transfer the data is more of a problem than a solution and the sooner we can remove the player/cpu from the process the better.
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

sbgk wrote:given how good the sound can be with MQn, you've got to think that the rest of the signal route doesn't affect the SQ that much, in which case getting the cpu to transfer the data is more of a problem than a solution and the sooner we can remove the player/cpu from the process the better.
I think I read a post where you said that MQN can be improved by 50%? What will it take to achieve that?
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:given how good the sound can be with MQn, you've got to think that the rest of the signal route doesn't affect the SQ that much, in which case getting the cpu to transfer the data is more of a problem than a solution and the sooner we can remove the player/cpu from the process the better.
Is this towards a DAC design which would be able to suck the whole file (s), and arrange the bits and timing on it's own way straight from the file, or I'm just dreaming not fully understanding your message?
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

cvrle59 wrote:
Is this towards a DAC design which would be able to suck the whole file (s), and arrange the bits and timing on it's own way straight from the file, or I'm just dreaming not fully understanding your message?
something involving local storage and dma, beyond my knowledge.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:
something involving local storage and dma, beyond my knowledge.
You have an idea, we should look for someone who can brake into it...LOL.