What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by cybot »

Both double Lps from Rarewaves USA through Amazon. Saved myself a bit too :)

cybot

Post by cybot »

My first from Boomkat in an age! A 4Lp box set plus DVD. My first from the German VOD (Vinyl On Demand) label too. Expensive....

cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:Both double Lps from Rarewaves USA through Amazon. Saved myself a bit too :)

That's an odd collaboration. Does it work?
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:Both double Lps from Rarewaves USA through Amazon. Saved myself a bit too :)

They did collaborate before on The Moon and the Melodies Lp which I avoided like the plague though some people say it's ok. To answer your question: it works if you love the syrupy side of Budd (I don't!) because Guthrie just lets Harold have it all his own way unlike his other album with Andy Partridge which was more of a team effort. They're the kind of albums that give ambient a bad name; where literally nothing, and I mean nothing happens but that's only my opinion. It sounds so vacuous and New Agey! Budd's own solo effort 'In The Mist' and his last quartet album 'Bandits of Stature' are miles better than these two albums....The only reason I got them was simply because I was so impressed with the Budd albums mentioned and I simply wanted more and they were Amazon cheap :) Then again anyone new to this kind of music would probably love it as the reviews on Amazon testify :) So what would I know!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:
Ivor wrote:

They did collaborate before on The Moon and the Melodies Lp which I avoided like the plague though some people say it's ok. To answer your question: it works if you love the syrupy side of Budd (I don't!) because Guthrie just lets Harold have it all his own way unlike his other album with Andy Partridge which was more of a team effort. They're the kind of albums that give ambient a bad name; where literally nothing, and I mean nothing happens but that's only my opinion. It sounds so vacuous and New Agey! Budd's own solo effort 'In The Mist' and his last quartet album 'Bandits of Stature' are miles better than these two albums....The only reason I got them was simply because I was so impressed with the Budd albums mentioned and I simply wanted more and they were Amazon cheap :) Then again anyone new to this kind of music would probably love it as the reviews on Amazon testify :) So what would I know!
Thanks Dermot, I feared as much! I liked the Partridge/Budd stuff I heard (big XTC fan here) so I might dig deeper in that well.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote: Thanks Dermot, I feared as much! I liked the Partridge/Budd stuff I heard (big XTC fan here) so I might dig deeper in that well.
No bother Ivor :)
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Ivor wrote:big XTC fan here
Ivor, are you aware of this? http://store.keneally.com/products/mike ... -fantastic

I'm a big Mike Keneally fan but haven't got around to buying this one yet.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:
Ivor wrote:big XTC fan here
Ivor, are you aware of this? http://store.keneally.com/products/mike ... -fantastic

I'm a big Mike Keneally fan but haven't got around to buying this one yet.
thanks for that, sounds bloody good!

ConorW

Post by ConorW »

Picked this vinyl up in Tower. Great stuff.
Was in London and had tickets for their gig on Tuesday in Covent Garden. Had to give it away because of work commitments. Friend said it was a fantastic gig.
dexys-one-day-im-going-to-soar.jpg
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
BlueSound Node 2i, Auralic Vega, AudioNote AN/E Speakers.