Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

Adrian wrote:Thora Vukk, ........hmmmmm, not really impressed.....still trying to get my head around this one...

Had a quick listen. You're right it's just too smoooooooth.....There's hope for you yet Adrian :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Editions Mego night on vinyl, of course...and all doubles :) You need these Adrian :) Especially the first two...

Astonishing soundtrack sonics and the music is good too...

Fenn O'Berg - In Hell (Live in Japan) - Stunning!

Stephen O' Malley and Peter Rehberg plus Johann Johannson on side long piece - KTL 5

Jim O' Rourke - Old News # 6 - vinyl only series and the best one so far...
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot wrote:
jadarin wrote:Image
Nice choice on the first one John. I have it on vinyl and love it. I've heard some of his other stuff with Emeralds and hated it because because of it's derivitive 'cosmic' tendencies....
I hope you're familiar with the label it's on as it's a fabulously diverse label. I have loads of vinyl stuff from this label and save a lot by ordering direct from it. Have you heard any of the vinyl only Jim O' Rourke albums (Old News series) or even his partners Peter (label owner) and Fennesz albums like In Stereo and particularly the live in Japan (sic) In Hell (Fenn O' Berg)
I like Marks solo stuff the best,I don't mind Emeralds at all,i've only 1 album though.I haven't heard anything of J o' rourke for a while,he seems to have gone to a much different place with his music from the albums i bought in the early 90's.As for the Fenn o' Berg-in hell album,i've went to buy the album before on your recommendation,but the prices for the cd were around €50 so i gave it a miss...
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:
cybot wrote:
Nice choice on the first one John. I have it on vinyl and love it. I've heard some of his other stuff with Emeralds and hated it because because of it's derivitive 'cosmic' tendencies....
I hope you're familiar with the label it's on as it's a fabulously diverse label. I have loads of vinyl stuff from this label and save a lot by ordering direct from it. Have you heard any of the vinyl only Jim O' Rourke albums (Old News series) or even his partners Peter (label owner) and Fennesz albums like In Stereo and particularly the live in Japan (sic) In Hell (Fenn O' Berg)
I like Marks solo stuff the best,I don't mind Emeralds at all,i've only 1 album though.I haven't heard anything of J o' rourke for a while,he seems to have gone to a much different place with his music from the albums i bought in the early 90's.As for the Fenn o' Berg-in hell album,i've went to buy the album before on your recommendation,but the prices for the cd were around €50 so i gave it a miss...

Oh that's a bummer! Would you not consider the vinyl? It's sold sold on the EM site but discogs have it for around £15.99. If I come across a decent CD price I'll let you know....
The Jim O' Rourke vinyl only Old News series is exactly that, namely lots of unreleased stuff from his vast archives. Amazing music but certainly not for everyone :)
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

Insen Live...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v==youtube_gdata_player[/quote]
Just listened/watched this,really good.I think it really works as a performance and Alta Noto rgets these amazing sounds.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Just listened/watched this,really good.I think it really works as a performance and Alta Noto rgets these amazing sounds.[/quote]

Nice to see you like that too :) I posted the very same concert a short while back. I was very lucky to pick up a vinyl copy too. Would you believe I actually saw Alva Noto 'live' one time in Dublin at the Project Center along with Donnacha Costello and a few others I can't recall....Absolutely spellbinding live as you've no doubt noticed :)
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Currently listening to ..........Aphex Twin....Selected Ambient Works 85 - 92

PS Dermot, currently looking into those albums you recommended!!
Let the Good Times Roll...................
cybot

Post by cybot »

Adrian wrote:Currently listening to ..........Aphex Twin....Selected Ambient Works 85 - 92

PS Dermot, currently looking into those albums you recommended!!
Brillant stuff Adrian :) BTW what do you think of the above album? I love it myself but the ambient tag is surely tongue in cheek! Still the perfect ambient album worthy of the title was just around the corner (SAW 2) which is just so otherworldly and amazing. Definitely top 10 of all time in my book...
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Couldnt enjoy this one fully as the pressing was appalling.

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:Couldnt enjoy this one fully as the pressing was appalling.

Bad luck Dave. Are you returning it? You should....