Recent Viewing

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
k99_64

Re: Recent Viewing

Post by k99_64 »

Ivor wrote:
k99_64 wrote: Of course the D-day landing is amazing but i didnt feel that the sound did it justice...
My usual geeky observation coming up...... the DVD R1 (US) release of this on DTS is still reckoned to be the definitive version for audio.
God damn it. well the sea spray looks nice anyway.
DancingPriest

Post by DancingPriest »

IMDB 7.7 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075213/

It is as good as you remember it, that means a lot from a twenty four year old who last saw it when he was sixteen...
JAW

Post by JAW »

Just watched this, (thanks Dermot!). Very interesting, with insightful interviews, especially the piece on Sunshine of Your Love.

cybot

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote:Just watched this, (thanks Dermot!). Very interesting, with insightful interviews, especially the piece on Sunshine of Your Love.

Glad you enjoyed it Johnny :)
JAW

Post by JAW »

This is pretty good, never transmitted "In Every Dream Home a Heartache" from the last Jonathan Ross show. Apparently Roxy played on after the end of the show to play Wossies favourite track. Seems to have been posted by Bryan Ferry himself!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rqTPqzo5ZI
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Just watched Kick Ass this evening. I would not really recommend it. A bit too childish for an adult, and too gory for a child.
I suppose that just leaves teenagers then.

Let the Good Times Roll...................
fergus

Post by fergus »

Adrian wrote:Just watched Kick Ass this evening. I would not really recommend it. A bit too childish for an adult, and too gory for a child.
I suppose that just leaves teenagers then.
LOL....process of elimination eh?
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
JAW

Post by JAW »

Remixed in 5.1 for no apparent reason! Now classic Regan is all around me!!!!!

Det. Insp. Jack Regan: The first hairy one I was on - you know, shooters etc - there was a real old sweat. "Weren't you nervous?" somebody asked him afterwards. "Nah!" he says. "Not even a little bit?" "Nah! Funny thing is, though, some bugger peed my pants."
fergus

Post by fergus »

This is the second and, for me, the weakest of the Three Colours trilogy. I understand that it is about obsession but I never really got the point of this film even though the story line is strong enough. Perhaps it is that the characters are weaker in this film when compared with the other two in the series? Without giving anything away for those who have not seen it I really despair of the Hollywood type ending. It is still an enjoyable watch but for me falls short of the other two in terms of content and overall standard.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
mcq

Post by mcq »

That really is a lovely film, Fergus. Whilst it remains the weakest of the trilogy, that is only an indication of the very high standards that Blue and Red set. But, I do think it is very underrated. Wonderful performances from Julie Delpy and Zbigniew Zamachowski (whose hangdog expression is what I remember most about this film) and there is something deeply affecting (behind the surface humour) about Zamachowski's attempt to rebuild his life and self-respect after the collapse of his marriage.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.