Power Inspired AC Regenerator

sima66

Re: Power Inspired AC Regenerator

Post by sima66 »

tony wrote:Never heard of the Entreq before. You kept this one to yourself Adam. Is it a new product see link below for usual carry on on PFM on this item?

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... 73&page=14

Do we have one on tirnahifi?(local battalion i.e. not off shore)
Tellus is there for a couple of years. I never heard of it before either, but I had a chance to hear in my friend system and that was good enough for me. I don't usually trust the reviewers much (if at all)!

http://www.lotus340r.net/blogs/entreq_blog.html
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sima66 wrote:
tony wrote:Never heard of the Entreq before. You kept this one to yourself Adam. Is it a new product see link below for usual carry on on PFM on this item?

Tellus is there for a couple of years. I never heard of it before either, but I had a chance to hear in my friend system and that was good enough for me. I don't usually trust the reviewers much (if at all)!

very interesting
ive seen all sorts of weird stuff making difference

ever open the cigar box or drawer to look inside ? :)

cant wait for dave to see this :)
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote:
sima66 wrote:

very interesting
ive seen all sorts of weird stuff making difference

ever open the cigar box or drawer to look inside ? :)

cant wait for dave to see this :)
The cigar box affects depending of the quality of tobacco and drawer has to be filled with pinkish underwear.....only half open! :)

I start to wonder same about Dave! He should be firing by now! :))))
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

just had a quick flick through the website so I might have missed some of the details. This device just appears to tie all the grounds of the various components to one point right? But the unit itself is not grounded through the mains? So the actual ground voltage could actually be a few volts above a true earth??? Maybe this unit could could work if one of the components in your system had poor grounding. Have I missed anything?

The fancy wooden box with little wooden blocks around the cables certainly doesnt do the unit any favours and would no doubt attract the naysayers.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
sima66

Post by sima66 »

DaveF wrote:just had a quick flick through the website so I might have missed some of the details. This device just appears to tie all the grounds of the various components to one point right? But the unit itself is not grounded through the mains? So the actual ground voltage could actually be a few volts above a true earth??? Maybe this unit could could work if one of the components in your system had poor grounding. Have I missed anything?

The fancy wooden box with little wooden blocks around the cables certainly doesnt do the unit any favours and would no doubt attract the naysayers.
You got that right.
The unit is not grounded to the mains. Even if you connect ONLY one unit to the box it makes a difference, so it's not much about star grounding.
Like I said before, I builded strong separate ground for the same reason and to replace the Tellus, but it wasn't better. It was better than noting, but not as good and smooth as Tellus! Only when I connected the separate ground to the Tellus I got the biggest improvement!

The wooden blocks around the cables, I believe that they are to absorb the vibrations from the cables.
tony

Post by tony »

This is new 'mellow' Dave, he must be all Sonyed out. It is available for demo in the uk no doubt they might consider sending a demo over if people where interested. It would be interesting to see if it does creates what Adam suggests. It is seems hugely expensive so not for me but certainly would demo it for the heck of it. God help those who hear improvements as the expenditure slope increases dramatically. It gets the usual short shrift on the various forums and as Adam states it has been around for awhile. Kinda looks like a good quality wine case. Maybe Nigel might investigate a diy version for us more grounded forum members?

Maybe Ivor might see an opportunity? But I think he is happy with his monster yoke
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Yes diy tellus
Then we can crack open the case of cigars
And love it when a plan comes together
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Only trouble is when the gear is so expensive no one wants to open it up
Well expect Pearse of course ;)
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:Only trouble is when the gear is so expensive no one wants to open it up
Brillant! not only open it up but do some production work to improve it. The next LZ will be the the big Sligo8
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

tony wrote:
nige2000 wrote:Only trouble is when the gear is so expensive no one wants to open it up
Brillant! not only open it up but do some production work to improve it. The next LZ will be the the big Sligo8
I remember reading a while ago that the box is filled with some kind of "minerals" ......something like that!!!

Tony, If Tellus is expensive, how about the Tripoint Troy at $8,000?! ;-)

http://www.stereophile.com/ces2009/the_ ... index.html