MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Diapason

Re: MQN

Post by Diapason »

No reason not to Simon it is just 5 small files copy and paste and off you go.
No reason not to try...except for the small matter of no digital inputs and no DAC!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Post by tony »

[No reason not to try...except for the small matter of no digital inputs and no DAC![/quote]

That could be a bit of a problem alright forgot you sold on the preamp and no dac! Santa request required.
The wadia in my place that night sounded best against what was on offer from CA on the night. This minimalist player coupled with linear/batteries/usb etc
I think may be in another league. But MQn is far from the finished product. Odd characters in tracks mean it will not work unless you edit the track. Flac files are a problem and no hi res yet. Suppose you could compare it to the troublesome loading mechanism on the wadia. The guy developing will sort out these issues. When one looks at the cost of this type of set up it looks like all in for circa €1.3k (Dac/PC/Monitor etc)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Might need to arrange another shoot-out for a rainy evening soon. I'm also conscious that you still haven't been to my place and visited the man cave. I've new valves coming home from the US tomorrow, and I'm hoping (praying!) that that's the end of my valve tinkering for a while. If I buy any more I'm going to have to open a shop.

But I digress. Another Wadia comparison would be interesting, and I still need to hear that feckin' Meitner!!
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I will bring along the Meitner and a single PC Simon so no messing with setup like normal with JPlay, and High Rez is not an issue with the Meitner but the 16 44 is so good I expect it may be hard to tell the difference.

Post by Diapason »

I know it's tradition at hifi meets to forget something and leave it behind, so definitely bring the Meitner over, Pearse!
tony

Post by tony »

I refused all offers to leave that unit in my place. Fear of the cost etc meant despite Pearse's kind offers I rdeclined.

If that comparison goes ahead count me in don't care if it is an all classical night! The linear/battery yoke is a bit more of a mess to bring.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

tony wrote: If that comparison goes ahead count me in don't care if it is an all classical night! The linear/battery yoke is a bit more of a mess to bring.
Won't be all classical if it happens at my place, although you may have to endure a certain amount! Of course, the only problem with the mancave is that it only comfortably seats one person at a time!!
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I'm at home today cos the school is closed for the referendum. I went to get 2.58 - needed to pop back downstairs to get a memory stick... And when I went back up there was 2.59!

Its sounds absolutely stunning running on the zuma - I had w8 on an SSD so I'm running on that. Has to be heard to be believed. I am badly wanting flac to be fixed....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
tony

Post by tony »

Diapason wrote:
tony wrote: If that comparison goes ahead count me in don't care if it is an all classical night! The linear/battery yoke is a bit more of a mess to bring.
Won't be all classical if it happens at my place, although you may have to endure a certain amount! Of course, the only problem with the mancave is that it only comfortably seats one person at a time!!
You will have to bring your fireproof safe to mine then. By the time we arrange that it looks like MQn could be at version 2.90
Probably be 2.6x before I get home to try it
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Looks like he's working on Hi res - the command Window now shows the bit rate of the file that playing.
Do or do not, there is no try