MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

am going through my record collection using 2.68, so far so good, very enjoyable. sweet without being overly smooth and very detailed and dynamic, have even removed the HF attenuator as think it was having an effect on the SQ where it was difficult to tell the versions apart. Not looking at any further improvements, which is saying something, just need to work out how to do 24 bit.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

sbgk wrote:
Sligolad wrote:I think you might like this better Aleg, you can open as many playback bars as you like and you have full keyboard control of tracks. You have forward to next or back, 20 second forward and back, I am only just discovering its capabilities.
Looks like a great way to load and control the music.

I have a full licensed TC version but I expect anyone with the free version should hopefully have this capability once up and running.
Need to do some more testing with it.
lol, so lister by default is able to interrogate mqncontrol while it is loading files into MQnplay so that it then known when the tracks start and then it is able to query the MQnplay process to see where the sound buffer pointer is located and allows you to change that pointer. Think you are being fooled. Check to see if mqnplay.exe is running and try stopping it while the music is being played via lister.
Would have thought it not possible myself and expected it to be Windows Audio default playback but an initial listen to a track played both by hitting MQN batch file and hitting F3 and I could not easily hear a difference.
I need to do some more listening and enable services to be able to check what is running as I have a very slimmed down window running with just TC and command prompt.
Not sure whether I hope you are right or wrong SBGK as I expected to be easily hear the difference between both playbacks, maybe it is the vino this evening and maybe I am easily fooled!! Cheers, Pearse.

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:am going through my record collection using 2.68, so far so good, very enjoyable. sweet without being overly smooth and very detailed and dynamic, have even removed the HF attenuator as think it was having an effect on the SQ where it was difficult to tell the versions apart. Not looking at any further improvements, which is saying something, just need to work out how to do 24 bit.
last few versions very good

i haven't decided if which i prefer yet but i thought 2.67 sse2 was more detailed than 2.68

regardless last few are a tight bunch takes many checks and rechecks to notice any improvement one over another
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

OK found how to see what services are running (tasklist\svc) and I can now see that mqncontrol.exe and mqnplay.exe are not running when I fire up Lister with the F3 key.
What is scary is how little difference if any I am finding at this stage of the day after some good wine.....maybe I need to disqualify myself from testing for a while!!
Think I need to enjoy the rest of the wine and come back to comparing music tomorrow.
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by jrling »

sbgk wrote:am going through my record collection using 2.68, so far so good, very enjoyable. sweet without being overly smooth and very detailed and dynamic, have even removed the HF attenuator as think it was having an effect on the SQ where it was difficult to tell the versions apart. Not looking at any further improvements, which is saying something, just need to work out how to do 24 bit.
+1 SSE2 2.68

It is definitely the new yardstick. Lovely combo of detail, dynamics, but with rich harmonic overtones.

How 24 bit will sound based on 2.68 is very exciting to contemplate.

Jonathan
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Sligolad wrote:OK found how to see what services are running (tasklist\svc) and I can now see that mqncontrol.exe and mqnplay.exe are not running when I fire up Lister with the F3 key.
What is scary is how little difference if any I am finding at this stage of the day after some good wine.....maybe I need to disqualify myself from testing for a while!!
Think I need to enjoy the rest of the wine and come back to comparing music tomorrow.
Cheers, Pearse.

I've always said that wine is the most effective upgrade you can apply to any system. It may well be short term but it can transform even the dullest Hifi.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Ivor wrote:
Sligolad wrote:OK found how to see what services are running (tasklist\svc) and I can now see that mqncontrol.exe and mqnplay.exe are not running when I fire up Lister with the F3 key.
Cheers, Pearse.

I've always said that wine is the most effective upgrade you can apply to any system. It may well be short term but it can transform even the dullest Hifi.
works on live music as well, maybe the musicians/composer could list which substances they were under the influence of so the listener have an even more authentic experience.
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

sbgk wrote:
Ivor wrote:
Cheers, Pearse.

works on live music as well, maybe the musicians/composer could list which substances they were under the influence of so the listener have an even more authentic experience.
During that time, Keith Richards & Gram Parsons were close friends– with Gram feeding Richards a steady diet of country music influence. They both were pretty wrecked most of the time on anything from marijuana, cocaine, heroine, you name it, to plain ol’ booze. Keith Richards recalls–
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jadarin wrote: During that time, Keith Richards & Gram Parsons were close friends– with Gram feeding Richards a steady diet of country music influence. They both were pretty wrecked most of the time on anything from marijuana, cocaine, heroine, you name it, to plain ol’ booze. Keith Richards recalls–
sounds almost as expensive as hifi
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

jrling wrote:
+1 SSE2 2.68

It is definitely the new yardstick. Lovely combo of detail, dynamics, but with rich harmonic overtones.

How 24 bit will sound based on 2.68 is very exciting to contemplate.

Jonathan
had a 5 mins listening on 2.68 sse4. another breakthrough! best of all versions is coming. this is the first time i hear mellow, airy, micro-detail, deep, full all in one version.

will test more later.