MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: MQN

Post by nige2000 »

Aleg wrote:
nige2000 wrote:
Aleg wrote: No, after running Phil's scripts I could stop playback of MQn. The control-program wouldn't respond to pressing 'X'.
I believe that was already a known effect of the services stopped by Phil's script.
So I just decided for the moment to let it be and try CAD's script which also disables and reconfigures a lot of items.

I think later the MQn interface might be changed a bit to offer a more 'stable' control under all the optimisation scripts.

Cheers

Aleg
sorry for hounding
suppose i really should get to the point

which is better cad script or audiophils?

Sorry to have to disappoint you, but I don't know (yet) as I haven't used Phil's script with MQn much really.

Cheers

Aleg

thanks

let us know when u find out.

right ive tried up to 2.67 sse2 which was the most detailed
2.66 sse2 intel dqa dqa 2cl mfence is very very good

will try 2.68 shortly
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Ken Moreland wrote:I started my MQN listening with 2.52 sse2 and I was very impressed but I was limited by my older processor to sse2 versions, so I ripped out the motherboard and cpu and replaced them with Haswell i3. I was able to enjoy the different sse4 versions . Now I find the 2.66 sse2 intel dqa dqa 2cl mfence version is the best so far. Detail is better than the other sse4 versions. Excellent sound.
im in trouble now :)

first the meicords now this
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Where it can be found the CAD Optimizer?

Thanks,
Adam
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Just discovered something................
When I copy tracks after listening to some tracks earlier in MQN I hit F3 button and I got a simple little GUI called "Lister" open up and start playing the tracks I copied with a seek bar, play button, next and previous tracks button and stop button.
Thought this may be opening windows audio playback but on a short listen I am pretty sure this is running the tracks through MQN with full control and no annoying "Close Program" at the end if you do not get to X on the keyboard before the end of the tracks.

Anyone who can confirm if I have just discovered a better way to playback than hitting the MQN file??

I am running Total Commander so maybe this is a nice little add on in TC to play the files using previous command!!
Need to do some googling now to see if I can find any info on it.
Could be a nice little tool for MQN :-))

Post by Aleg »

I don't use TC, but Q-dir which allows you to open up to 4 explorer subscreens at any one time.

One subscreen is showing the MQn directory. The other 3 are showing several of my music locations.
Playback is now also very simple, as I copy the music files in one of the subscreen and double click MQn.bat in the fourth.

I find this all very convenient.

Cheers

Aleg

PS
Haven't checked on SQ differences with TC, but Q-dir is also a selfcontained explorer program so no additional processes and the like.
Last edited by Aleg on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I think you might like this better Aleg, you can open as many playback bars as you like and you have full keyboard control of tracks. You have forward to next or back, 20 second forward and back, I am only just discovering its capabilities.
Looks like a great way to load and control the music.

I have a full licensed TC version but I expect anyone with the free version should hopefully have this capability once up and running.
Need to do some more testing with it.

Post by Sligolad »

sima66 wrote:Where it can be found the CAD Optimizer?

Thanks,
Adam
See Posts: 285 in the Build a Dedicated Audio PC thread Adam.
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by Claus »

I have been tagging along for while trying versions as time permits. I am using R2 on a stick with a few optimisations but unfortunately had to install the full intel display driver in order to connect to my Samsung LCD TV.

I just tried 2.53 vs. 2.66 sse2 intel dqa dqa 2cl and I cannot hear much of a difference! I was worried and ran my fully optimised core stick with JPLAY and now the difference was pretty big. MUCH more separation and fullness without being bloated. Soundstage was deeper and wider and vocal smoother on the Herbie Hancock track.

If I compare MQn with JPLAY on my R2 (non core) stick I find MQn generally much fuller and organic sounding....

This leads me to wonder what MQn could do on core if it had WASAPI.... Hmmm..... :)
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Sligolad wrote:
sima66 wrote:Where it can be found the CAD Optimizer?

Thanks,
Adam
See Posts: 285 in the Build a Dedicated Audio PC thread Adam.
Cheers, Pearse.
Many thanks.

Adam
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Sligolad wrote:I think you might like this better Aleg, you can open as many playback bars as you like and you have full keyboard control of tracks. You have forward to next or back, 20 second forward and back, I am only just discovering its capabilities.
Looks like a great way to load and control the music.

I have a full licensed TC version but I expect anyone with the free version should hopefully have this capability once up and running.
Need to do some more testing with it.
lol, so lister by default is able to interrogate mqncontrol while it is loading files into MQnplay so that it then known when the tracks start and then it is able to query the MQnplay process to see where the sound buffer pointer is located and allows you to change that pointer. Think you are being fooled. Check to see if mqnplay.exe is running and try stopping it while the music is being played via lister.