Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
tony

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by tony »

Finally back on line! Phone line's been down since last Thursday due a broken overhead cable. The Eircom team finally arrived just before lunchtime today and managed to repair the fault! Staff traumatised by examinership process.

Good on you Tony flying the Eno flag on your previous post! That Roger Eno was the last one I got of him and on cd too! Can't remember what it sounds like but I'd wager there's a lot of piano and close miked cellos! Yes thats it alright and very nice it is

Can't quite believ the prices asked for the Hassell album you mentioned above! Though the Lp edition is readily available at sane prices....

Anyway good luck with your search.[/quote]
Thats not the reply I wanted. Where is your cd copy? It seems impossible to believe that album could be missing from your collection!
BTW welcome back trust all is well with you
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
cybot

Post by cybot »

tony wrote:Finally back on line! Phone line's been down since last Thursday due a broken overhead cable. The Eircom team finally arrived just before lunchtime today and managed to repair the fault! Staff traumatised by examinership process.

Good on you Tony flying the Eno flag on your previous post! That Roger Eno was the last one I got of him and on cd too! Can't remember what it sounds like but I'd wager there's a lot of piano and close miked cellos! Yes thats it alright and very nice it is

Can't quite believ the prices asked for the Hassell album you mentioned above! Though the Lp edition is readily available at sane prices....

Anyway good luck with your search.
Thats not the reply I wanted. Where is your cd copy? It seems impossible to believe that album could be missing from your collection!
BTW welcome back trust all is well with you[/quote]

Thanks Tony! Ah don't be fooled! Of course, I have the Hassell/Eno album and Vol. 2 (Dream Theory in Malaya) and Aka-Darbari-Java too :))))))) But only on vinyl so they're no use to you!
tony

Post by tony »

Thanks Dermot will continue the search it is still a cheaper option than going vinyl. Never heard of the other two mentioned but will do some research. Are you not booked in for the avantgarde night next week? The CH's need to be upgraded to latest horn specs.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
cybot

Post by cybot »

tony wrote:Thanks Dermot will continue the search it is still a cheaper option than going vinyl. Never heard of the other two mentioned but will do some research. Are you not booked in for the avantgarde night next week? The CH's need to be upgraded to latest horn specs.

Ha ha don't tempt me Tony :) Unfortunately the Avantgarde night doesn't really suit me but you never know....I've heard them before in a friend's house many aeons ago and I wish I could remember what they sounded like :(
cybot

Post by cybot »

Selections from the EG label: thanks for reminding me Tony :)

tony

Post by tony »

Ok Dermot took a chance and ordered the dream theory yoke. Let you know what its like in due course.
cybot

Post by cybot »

tony wrote:Ok Dermot took a chance and ordered the dream theory yoke. Let you know what its like in due course.
Came across a review stuck inside my copy of the album and it's supposed to be superior to Vol. 1
So you can't go wrong. Actually the side long track on side two of Vol. 1 let's it down badly IMO
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Just completed listening to

Underworld "Barking"

I was surprised at the amount of lyrics in the tracks, the times they are a changing, even in the underworld....
Let the Good Times Roll...................
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

Arrived in the post the other day..Really good!!
Landings by Richard Skelton
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:Arrived in the post the other day..Really good!!
Landings by Richard Skelton

Another uncanny coincidence!!! See my What Did You Get In The Post....Anyway Marking Time was my first one of Richard Skelton and, though it takes a long time to weave it's magic spell, the wait is most definitely worth it when it starts to make sense. The original sleeve was nicer too....Anyway if you like this one then you should check out Landings and some of his Broken Consort and Caroussell (more guitar based) albums as well....His latest album is a goodie too.
Did you buy it direct off him?

http://www.sustain-release.co.uk/ - All you need to know about Richard and where you can purchase his music....