Matt

Re: System Gallery

Post by Matt »

Very nice Ken.
Arcam Cd33, Vdh The Integration, ATC CA2, Gotham GAC-2v1 XLR, ATC scm50asl
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

The rest is on the Hiface thread in General see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=374 The Hiface shown there is the MK1 but it's visually indistinguishable from the MK2. The Mk2 is better than the MK1 but not by a huge amount but it enabled me to make a BNC connection right through to the Dac and employ a better digital cable and remove any RCA/BNC converters.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Matt

Post by Matt »

Thanks for the link Ken
Arcam Cd33, Vdh The Integration, ATC CA2, Gotham GAC-2v1 XLR, ATC scm50asl
HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

Here are our latest additions
Wilson Audio Sophia 3s.
Standard color Desert Silver, grey grills and silver hardware. We are still just breaking these in really but have listened to Sophia IIs & IIIs and the Sashas many times over the last few months. We came close to getting the Sashas but after talking to Wilson, dealer etc. decided Sophia was a better fit for the room and needs (and its cheaper :-) ). We traded in our Focal Micro Utopia BE monitors against the Sophias

Sophia1.JPG
Sophia1.JPG (26.07 KiB) Viewed 1086 times
Sophia2.JPG
Sophia2.JPG (27.73 KiB) Viewed 1086 times
Sophia3.JPG
Sophia3.JPG (32.44 KiB) Viewed 1086 times
Other speakers
Updated Spendor BC1s (a few years old now - the upgrades were done at the time of purchase)
• New rosewood cabinets. These are a modern rosewood and don't have the character of the 'old' rosewood as it just doesnt exist like it used to
• Brand new fully rebuilt AlNiCo magnet bass drivers.
• Cleaned and serviced HF1300 tweeters.
• Crossovers fitted with Wima polypropylene capacitors.
• Van Den Hul internal cables.<br>- Gold rear binding posts.
• Radiused port tubes.
• Grilles re-covered with black 'vynair' (original standard for rosewood).
• New Spendor logos
Last edited by HiFiFan on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Airtight amp
(note Black Ravioli under the feet!)

Roksan Xerxes & Sumiko Blue Point Special Evo 3 on Mitchell Tecnodeck arm

Lector CDP7

Wide view

Speakers: Quad 989 on Cerebals
Mains cable: Various Dalkey Audio mains and two of my own build with Consonance mains filter.
Interconnects: 2 x 1.8 metre Nanotech Strada #201
Speaker Cable: Nanotech Strada #79
Rack: hifiracks.co.uk custom & Ariston Platter on Cerebals, Target turntable shelf. Turntable sits on Townsend Seismic Sink.
Last edited by Ivor on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: detail on the other stuff.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Good stuff Ivor!!
Do or do not, there is no try
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

This thread was started by smurffy, his(?) only post on the forum. He(?) joined, started this thread 20 Oct 2010 17:11 and last visited 21 Oct 2010 16:43. I feel used!
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Fair play to you smurffy!!

Anyway, here's what turning into the quad room:

Both sets of 57s - the black ones are the ones i've just gotten from GerryD. I've done a good few small bits to these, mainly the EHT blocks and some dustcovers. There were a good few dints in the fronts of both, most of which I got out OK. The bronze ones are my long term pair. You can also see the lenco TT up on top with that little akai preamp I picked up a while back next shelf down. After that its the squeezebox and then another valve pre, the EL84 is hidden down the bottom.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:Both sets of 57s
I'm giddy at the notion that I'll hear a stacked set of 57s at some stage.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Fran whats the rack? is it an ikea bookshelf (expedit)?
I heard the quads I think they sound bloody gorgeous. Unfortunately Fran played lucinda williams track which was very nice but Frederyk and myself wanted to give them a blast with some rockier music to see what they would sound like( It was too late kids in bed asleep)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.