Amplification

Ciaran

Re: Amplification

Post by Ciaran »

I notice the tuning yoke on top. How are your keyboard tuning skills? And what temperament are you using?
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Heh, my teacher did a quick tuning on it (he's a good ear for that kind of thing and actually knows what he's doing) but I think I'd struggle to do a good job from scratch. I might be able to spot-tune an errant note here and there, but moving from quarter-comma meantone to Werckmeister III might be beyond my abilities!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Derek

Post by Derek »

Wow! those speakers can really image

NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Oh that picture's gold. I'll swipe that on the day of my exam.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

As previously mentioned a few pages back... a colleague at work recently pulled the trigger on a long desired upgrade. He has just shared with me some photos of his new set up, Speaker and power amplifier change. One of those "Once in a lifetime decisions".

What impressed me most was the "ingenuity" required to get the equipment into position.
Attachments
Maxx 2   05.JPG
Maxx 2 05.JPG (84.15 KiB) Viewed 558 times
Maxx 2   04.JPG
Maxx 2 04.JPG (88.36 KiB) Viewed 558 times
Maxx 2   01.JPG
Maxx 2 01.JPG (78.33 KiB) Viewed 558 times
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Yep...... you guessed it correctly.

1st floor apartment..... Wilson Maxx 2 speaker base unit.... secured on a pallet..... on a forklift truck...... just clearing the lower window sill. Took four men to get each base unit through the window and onto the floor.

You see boys.... it can be done!!!!

This is what his bank account looks like!!!

Once I get the two other images resized.... I'll post them up.... some very nice 1Kw Bryston Monoblocks to snuggle into the Maxx 2 terminals.
Last edited by Adrian on Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

The almost finished article.... pre amp had to be sourced next!!
Attachments
Maxx 2   19.jpg
Maxx 2 19.jpg (112.78 KiB) Viewed 549 times
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Oh that's amazing! Have you heard the setup yet?
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Handy lads to have those boys were!!!

The forklift was only just able to clear the top of the window sill by a few inches!!

As for hearing the set up, nope...as my colleague lives in Belgium, so unless I pay a visit I will be unlikely to see them in the flesh?

Cloneys had a pair of Maxx speakers last year, not sure if they were Maxx or Maxx 2?

But on the continent one has a much bigger choice and with the motorway network hundreds of kilometres can be travelled easily by car or by train.