MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: MQN

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:Thanks guys. I contacted him a couple of weeks ago about this & was meant to get one to him a week or so ago but have slipped a bit :)
He could better use a USB Ciúnas converter to use with his NAD M51 DAC & not my DAC but I'll see what I can do.
stupid question i suppose
but is a converter + m51 dac going to be any better
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote:
jkeny wrote:Thanks guys. I contacted him a couple of weeks ago about this & was meant to get one to him a week or so ago but have slipped a bit :)
He could better use a USB Ciúnas converter to use with his NAD M51 DAC & not my DAC but I'll see what I can do.
No, but he doesn't have a preamp so needs the M51 for volume duties as much as anything
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:
nige2000 wrote:
No, but he doesn't have a preamp so needs the M51 for volume duties as much as anything
preamp + dac probably suit better than a connverter?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Really hard to keep up with all the releases in this space. I am still enjoying 53 xxxx but it is now at 56+
Even on the prima luna with single laptop into the spendors soundstage and depth of detail is stunning.
All over bearing high end detail for me has disappeared but micro detail is all still there.
Hires and we are home and dry. Just got my 10m+ SVGA cable for the screen so will soon be cutting and pasting from the seat.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Get 2.58 quick.....I am gobsmacked.
It has made up my mind and I have become a deserter.....no more JPlay streaming.
There is just too big a gap now over JPlay, hearing things I never knew existed on tracks and there is a sublime reality to the music.

Post by nige2000 »

2.58 listened to it earlier
16 bit must be very close to release quality
absolutely fantastic
detail is so extraordinary with your eyes closed you could
Be right there

trying not to listen
I get it difficult to leave

am I the only one with high res on 2.58?
high res is well improved too but not just as much as 16 bit
tony

Post by tony »

Which version of 58? I cant remember which one i picked! Trying Buddy holly true love ways you can nearly reach out and slap Buddy on the face and tell him no need to be nervous.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I know I'm not participating, but I'm loving this thread. The sense of excitement really comes across!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Post by tony »

Diapason wrote:I know I'm not participating, but I'm loving this thread. The sense of excitement really comes across!
No reason not to Simon it is just 5 small files copy and paste and off you go. Single PC. I think the excitement is partially shock after spending so long perfecting and messing with jplay streaming 5mins with this player and all that stuff is in the bin. Just ordered a mini keyboard with trackball so very soon back to 'streaming' i.e no movement from chair required.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:I know I'm not participating, but I'm loving this thread. The sense of excitement really comes across!
Word brother.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable