MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Dave2016

Re: MQN

Post by Dave2016 »

Latest versions are very good, and all work on my non haswell PC. Thanks Gordon
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Dave2016 wrote:Latest versions are very good, and all work on my non haswell PC. Thanks Gordon
I can also confirm that the latest haswell versions are working on my Ivy, including the mqnrewrite.
At the moment, I can't compare with the previous versions, but I'm sure that is another improvement.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded control v115, loader v96, play v230 and rewrite v37

a bit more detail, difficult to get the balance between treble and bass, but sounds ok.

thanks.

as suggested by sima66 have created a version that rewrites to c:\

uploaded mqnrewrite.exe v42 c root and mqnrewrite.bat c root

these will write the files to c:\

the exe needs to have run as administrator permissions and the bat file needs to be run as an administrator
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

sbgk wrote:
as suggested by sima66 have created a version that rewrites to c:\

uploaded mqnrewrite.exe v42 c root and mqnrewrite.bat c root
I just looked, I don't see the v42 of mqnrewrite?
I see V38, and a batch file from Jan 17th.

I'm hoping to try rewrite in the next few days now that I have my os running out of ram.

Randy
MSI H81-P33 MB, Xeon E3-1225 V3, LPS/LIFEPO4 and Astron RS-12A, 240gb SSD music, 2nd SSD for OS, Mod SS PCIE USB card, Server2012 R2 Ess+AO+MQn, Amanero USB to DACEND ES9018 to Schiit Lyr amp to Senn HD 700 headphones
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded mqnrewrite v43, mqnrewrite.bat c root (small bug fix), mqncontrol v117 and mqnloader v98

sounds great. that's all for now.
Dave2016

Post by Dave2016 »

mqncontrol v117, mqnloader v98 and mqn play win10 v229 working on non haswell. Definitely the best so far. Makes other versions sound as if we were always swapping bass and detail. This has both in equal measure.

I found that mqnloader has a big impact on the later versions of control/play, earlier versions had less impact and often I wasn't sure which was better - using original file or mqnloader. I was struggling to get versions >v38 to work. I finally got the latest v43 working today. I needed to use original files located on c drive, it will not recognise files on network drives.

Combination of latest play and loader is amazing. Suggest everyone tries this out.

Thanks once again Gordon
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

New kid on the block...something to try and compare. It think it's worth it.
http://www.tirnahifi.org/forum/viewtopi ... 359#p7835959
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

cvrle59 wrote:New kid on the block...something to try and compare. It think it's worth it.
http://www.tirnahifi.org/forum/viewtopi ... 359#p7835959
not convinced, a way to go yet with computer audio.

here's another linux player

http://linux.die.net/man/1/aplay

tried kernel 9, but still impression is of a thin sound, can't even finish 1 song.

Back to MQn, lovely rich detailed sound from standard win 10, so maybe says something about the importance of the player vs the os.

Any player that has auto format change between tracks is checking for the format change on every pass round the render loop, not optimal in my experience.

tried an original vs rewrite track on the linux player and couldn't tell a difference, maybe a linux thing.

uploaded play v231, instruction in wrong place, sounds a bit better.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

wtfplay (terrible name by the way) shows what can be achieved with a slimmed down linux, so shall be concentrating my efforts on a Linux renderer in the future, will be bespoke, so no sharing.

adios
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I never tried the new player properly yet, so I can't comment on the quality or compare with MQn, but there is one thing that I know and that is that I'm so grateful for all those years of joy what I had with MQn and nothing can erase that!
There are no words to express my thank you to you, Gordon, for all your effort during those years.

Also, for all other (till recently) MQn users, who just till yesterday, glorify this player with all the bigest words and now forget everything, just show some appreciation to the "old kid from the block"!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS