MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Aleg

Re: MQN

Post by Aleg »

rewrite v27 is really akward to use.
It sometimes hangs, and sometime does not but can than create files that cannot be loaded and creating errors that cause crashes.
But you can't see which files are wrong, so you have to try to load them one-by-one to see which are the faulty ones.

Not using rewrite at the moment
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded rewrite v29, hope it fixes things. I like the sound of v27, so have stuck with the same settings in v29.

Rewrites the whole file, so can be used for other file types, anyone tried photos ?

of course, the first file to rewrite is mqnrewrite.exe and then rewrite it again using the new mqnrewrite.

change the following line in the mqnrewrite.bat file

rem file

for /F "usebackq delims==" %%i IN (`sort param.txt ^| FIND /I ".wav"`) do echo %%i >> File1.txt

to

rem file

for /F "usebackq delims==" %%i IN (`sort param.txt ^| FIND /I "."`) do echo %%i >> File1.txt

the same can be done for the folder line

rem folder

for /F "usebackq delims==" %%i IN (`sort param.txt`) DO for /f "delims=" %%f in ('dir /b "%%i\*.wav"') do echo %%i\%%f >> File1.txt

to

rem folder

for /F "usebackq delims==" %%i IN (`sort param.txt`) DO for /f "delims=" %%f in ('dir /b "%%i\*.*"') do echo %%i\%%f >> File1.txt

v30 a bit better, can probably improve control and loader using same tweak.

v31 very good.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I just wanted to post that v29 works no problem.......a bit slower but without any troubles.

Tomorrow will try the v31 and I asume new mqncontrol and mqnloader! :)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded control v109 and loader v90

nice controlled, revealing presentation.

am hearing the music as if for the first time, so much nuance and emotion with this version.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:uploaded control v109 and loader v90

nice controlled, revealing presentation.

am hearing the music as if for the first time, so much nuance and emotion with this version.
I like loader v90 better than v91
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
iori

Post by iori »

Noticed a slight downgrade in sq while running MQnPlay in a dedicated i7 cpu core and at the same time rewriting another track.

Could loader which also runs at realtime mode affect the early portion of playback ?

Any need to assign another dedicated core for MQnControl ? Seems there is not much difference using dedicated core and all cores here.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

iori wrote:Noticed a slight downgrade in sq while running MQnPlay in a dedicated i7 cpu core and at the same time rewriting another track.

Could loader which also runs at realtime mode affect the early portion of playback ?

Any need to assign another dedicated core for MQnControl ? Seems there is not much difference using dedicated core and all cores here.
expectation bias ?

both play and rewrite work at critical priority so not surprising they would compete for resources, ideally rewrite before playback.

I'm a bit stuck to understand why rewrite affects the sound and what makes the best sound, needs more experimentation.
iori

Post by iori »

Rewrite's improvement on sq worth the extra keyboard/mouse strokes.
Thanks Gordon.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded a new set - play 229, control 112, loader 94 and rewrite 35.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Rewrite is a VERY nice improvement.
Another improvement is renaming the files from the "out" folder and cut/paste into the root folder even better.

Even running from RAM OS the difference is very noticeable.

Since due the "smokin' event", I'm temporary without my Haswell PC, what are the last and the best non-Haswell MQn files?
And, is there a rewrite that works with Ivy?
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS