MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

Agree Randy I had a go with some of the latest stuff trying to follow the thread info and no joy. I seem to have all the files you are talking about and used one of my existing parameter files for the device no.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
minionas

Post by minionas »

WaveIO/Thesycon on 2012core: v123 play, v32 control, v29 loader, v14.10 counter plays fine and superb sound (best so far).
Same but counter v14 plays half speed and distorted.
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

What is the CPU usage with v14.10??
I get 15%
Thanks

minionas wrote:WaveIO/Thesycon on 2012core: v123 play, v32 control, v29 loader, v14.10 counter plays fine and superb sound (best so far).
Same but counter v14 plays half speed and distorted.
minionas

Post by minionas »

During playback 0-0.7% on mqnplay process.
After - it rises up to ~26-30% if i dont kill it.
Its on downclocked to 800mhz i5 haswell ,T version. And i use tasker for priorities and core assignations.
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

Very quiet here lately
Did we gave up on this?
Hope not
Thanks
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

am trying different solutions to counter.exe, if can get it working should be better.
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

Welcome back Gordon
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

made some progress in improving the counter, have a few more things to try, so may get a version out later this week.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded play v124 and control v33, the counter functionality is in control v33 during development

this means the tracks will start playing once they are all loaded instead of after 10 seconds.

also might get a squeal at the end, so take care.

There shouldn't be any crackling now and think the sq has improved a bit. You won't have heard anything like it before.

should get better once I transfer the code to the counter.exe, which is a bit of effort.

This is what I have plugged into my laptop for development with usb printer cable.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/digital-to-an ... rter-a14kf

No problem hearing differences with £20 sony headphones.
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

sbgk wrote:uploaded play v124 and control v33, the counter functionality is in control v33 during development

this means the tracks will start playing once they are all loaded instead of after 10 seconds.

also might get a squeal at the end, so take care.

There shouldn't be any crackling now and think the sq has improved a bit. You won't have heard anything like it before.

should get better once I transfer the code to the counter.exe, which is a bit of effort.

This is what I have plugged into my laptop for development with usb printer cable.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/digital-to-an ... rter-a14kf

No problem hearing differences with £20 sony headphones.

Gordon after listening to your newest and greatest ever version I still can feel the goose bumps
This is nothing like anything out there
To be honest I went and try BHE and I can safely say that your player is 100 light years ahead
After v123 I though can anything be better? And again you prove it that it can
Anyone following this amazing project give yourself a favor and please listen
I think now you can really stop and call this a REFERENCE
Thank you