MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

sima66 wrote:Another step forward.
I prefer the 2.66 sse4 intel v2 version. More natural then V3.
Compared to V2, V3 is brighter and has more harshness, but a cleaner bass. The other versions did not qualified! :-)
yes, v2 sounds a bit better today, v3 has a hint of harshness, didn't notice that last night.

do you mean the others weren't good enough ?
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

sbgk wrote:
sima66 wrote:Another step forward.
I prefer the 2.66 sse4 intel v2 version. More natural then V3.
Compared to V2, V3 is brighter and has more harshness, but a cleaner bass. The other versions did not qualified! :-)
yes, v2 sounds a bit better today, v3 has a hint of harshness, didn't notice that last night.

do you mean the others weren't good enough ?
2.66 v2> 2.66v3.
-2.66 v2 is silky smooth at the expense of slightly weaker power/texture/depth/weight. very good emotion and focus. because of weaker power, i can turn up the volume. is this a good or bad thing?
-2.66 v3 is bright.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Glad to see more consistent reviews coming in

checked the 2.66 sse4s

fav was v2

as JC says its has lower power/texture/depth/weight than id like
i dont think turning up the vol will compensate

but this is a damn damn good version
think this ones a reference point
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

cvrle59 wrote:
mjock3 wrote:Question if I copy more than 4 songs and try to use MQn it stalls. Any idea what would cause this?

Just download the 2.66 V3, initial impressions are very good!
I guess it stops and never loads next song. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
If that is the case, make sure that you have no some special characters in file/folder name.

That should be sorted. Download the latest bat file. I wasn't aware of that either until recently.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

tony wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:
mjock3 wrote:Question if I copy more than 4 songs and try to use MQn it stalls. Any idea what would cause this?

If that is the case, make sure that you have no some special characters in file/folder name.

That should be sorted. Download the latest bat file. I wasn't aware of that either until recently.
That new MQn.bat never worked for me. We had discussion about it back on CA, I think. I haven't figured it out yet, and honestly I gave up, and I changed all the names throughout of my library.
It may not work for some other people too, that's way I tried to point to it to help to mjock3. Somehow "chcp 65001" in it doesn't work on my computer.
I am still running old version of MQn.bat.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

nige2000 wrote:Glad to see more consistent reviews coming in

checked the 2.66 sse4s

fav was v2

as JC says its has lower power/texture/depth/weight than id like
i dont think turning up the vol will compensate

but this is a damn damn good version
think this ones a reference point
I have to agree. V3 is a little bright and not quite as natural sounding. V2 is a big step in uncovering/tidying up the presentation, though lacks a little fire. Maybe that's the trade off. I like both but would probably choose V2 if I had to.

If 24bit can be made to sound on a par with that, I'll be pretty happy.

SGBK - have we got to large page files yet? :-)
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s
Peter Stockwell

Post by Peter Stockwell »

cvrle59 wrote:That new MQn.bat never worked for me. ...
It may not work for some other people too, that's way I tried to point to it to help to mjock3. Somehow "chcp 65001" in it doesn't work on my computer.
Same for me under W7
Cubox-i2/Volumio/Meridan G68ADV/2 x Amptastic mini-1/Custom Hifi Cables DC3 psu/Audium Comp 5
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

Peter Stockwell wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:That new MQn.bat never worked for me. ...
Same for me under W7
Hi Peter,
I see from your signature that you are using JRiver. Did you try to copy files straight from JRiver and paste them into MQn.bat? I do it all the time. I like JRIver's GUI, and it's very convenient rather than moving around through folders with explorer. If you notice somewhere back in the thread, I posted how to activate HotKey, so I do not even leave JRiver at all, I call MQn.bat by HotKey straight from where ever I copy files from.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

2.66 sse4 v2 a bit too wimpy
v3 has the fire and the detail
mjock3

Post by mjock3 »

cvrle59 wrote:

That was it, there was a special character on the song that wouldn't load.

Also agreed that 2.66 v3 is bright.