MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Aleg

Re: MQN

Post by Aleg »

adolfo.a.aguiar wrote:My dedicated listening room is very small and has booming bass. I experimented with RoomEqWizard and found that Foobar with convolution sounds better than MQn in my room.
So now I'm attempting to add convolution to MQn. In MQn.bat I execute convolverCMD but MQn cannot play the convolved file.
The mqncontrol window opens and closes faster than usual and mqnplay does not execute.
Foobar plays the convolved file normally. The only difference apart from the sound quality is that the file is identified as PCM (floating-point) whilst the original file is just PCM.
Does anything prevent MQn from playing PCM floating-point?
Yes, you should use the regular integer as number format.
Floating point does not really have any advantages.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

may have had a setting incorrect, have uploaded play v49, control v27 and loader v26

setting reduced the digital sound from the wasapi days, but doesn't seem to be required now, seems to be more definition/detail with it removed.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
adolfo.a.aguiar wrote:My dedicated listening room is very small and has booming bass. I experimented with RoomEqWizard and found that Foobar with convolution sounds better than MQn in my room.
So now I'm attempting to add convolution to MQn. In MQn.bat I execute convolverCMD but MQn cannot play the convolved file.
The mqncontrol window opens and closes faster than usual and mqnplay does not execute.
Foobar plays the convolved file normally. The only difference apart from the sound quality is that the file is identified as PCM (floating-point) whilst the original file is just PCM.
Does anything prevent MQn from playing PCM floating-point?
Yes, you should use the regular integer as number format.
Floating point does not really have any advantages.
handling floats is not very nice in assembly, so integer should sound better for that reason alone.
m5lig

Post by m5lig »

thanks sbgk for posting instructions on page 734.
Asrock z87m extreme4, i5 4670K, winserver2012 R2, paul pang usb card v1, sotm dx usb, minidsp 4x10 Hd, rotel 1066 amps, linkwitz LX521 speakers.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:may have had a setting incorrect, have uploaded play v49, control v27 and loader v26

setting reduced the digital sound from the wasapi days, but doesn't seem to be required now, seems to be more definition/detail with it removed.
after a while there's something deeply unpleasant about those versions.

there was a problem with that setting in play v48, so have applied it correctly in play v50.

hope to get the multi track functionality sorted over the weekend.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
sbgk wrote:may have had a setting incorrect, have uploaded play v49, control v27 and loader v26

after a while there's something deeply unpleasant about those versions.

there was a problem with that setting in play v48, so have applied it correctly in play v50.

hope to get the multi track functionality sorted over the weekend.
All of the latest version have been removed again.
What is your current POV on the proper one?
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded play v54

think v54 is best so far
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:uploaded play v54

think v54 is best so far
+1
minionas

Post by minionas »

+1
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

+1=3