MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
mjock3

Re: MQN

Post by mjock3 »

Question if I copy more than 4 songs and try to use MQn it stalls. Any idea what would cause this?

Just download the 2.66 V3, initial impressions are very good!
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

mjock3 wrote:Question if I copy more than 4 songs and try to use MQn it stalls. Any idea what would cause this?

not heard of that before, assume you have enough memory. maybe something on your pc interrupting it ?
mjock3

Post by mjock3 »

I have 8gb.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

mjock3 wrote:Question if I copy more than 4 songs and try to use MQn it stalls. Any idea what would cause this?

I guess it stops and never loads next song. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
If that is the case, make sure that you have no some special characters in file/folder name.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

nige2000 wrote:
mjock3 wrote:Asus P8Z77-V pro. I5-3570T

Thanks,
Mark

ok nothing weird then

http://www.highend-audiopc.com/PDF/audi ... _guide.pdf

threres pages on bios settings in this glossy guide

all the same except
cpu multiplier 16 or 1.6 ghz
ram to 800mhz
disable onboard audio and ethernet

if your feeling comfortable lower ram voltage to 1.25volts
set ram timings to 6 6 6 11 courtesy of JC

what ram do you have ?

Also note that multiple linear or battery supplies are of huge benefit over std atx
please don't believe everything the audiophile_optimize pdf said. especially the bios part. for example, "Enable HPET" will damage SQ. "Select IDE as SATA mode" is wrong.

you use 1.25v for ram at 6-6-6-11 800 Mhz? interesting. i have same ram setting. i find factory default 1.5v or 1.495v the best volt for SQ.
Last edited by jesuscheung on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

sbgk wrote:

not heard of that before, assume you have enough memory. maybe something on your pc interrupting it ?
happened to me. bad things may happen you run other executable e.g. chrome during loading song.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Another step forward.
I prefer the 2.66 sse4 intel v2 version. More natural then V3.
Compared to V2, V3 is brighter and has more harshness, but a cleaner bass. The other versions did not qualified! :-)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jesuscheung wrote:
nige2000 wrote:
mjock3 wrote:Asus P8Z77-V pro. I5-3570T

Thanks,
Mark

ok nothing weird then

http://www.highend-audiopc.com/PDF/audi ... _guide.pdf

threres pages on bios settings in this glossy guide

all the same except
cpu multiplier 16 or 1.6 ghz
ram to 800mhz
disable onboard audio and ethernet

if your feeling comfortable lower ram voltage to 1.25volts
set ram timings to 6 6 6 11 courtesy of JC

what ram do you have ?

Also note that multiple linear or battery supplies are of huge benefit over std atx
please don't believe everything the audiophile_optimize pdf said. especially the bios part. for example, "Enable HPET" will damage SQ. "Select IDE as SATA mode" is wrong.

you use 1.25v for ram at 6-6-6-11 800 Mhz? interesting. i have same ram setting. i find factory default 1.5v or 1.495v the best volt for SQ.
knew id forget something

just used Audiophils guide because it had an asus bios in the descriptions

Best to experiment a bit and not take anyones opinion as been 100% right
Voltage adjustments is a tricky one, one size may not fit all

Achi for sata mode,

Dont remember testing HPET on or off, i will test again

mjock3 whats your power supply arrangement
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:2.66 sse4 intel v2 was ok, but a bit tiring after a while

2.66 sse4 intel v3 removes an instruction that isn't needed for the amount of data being transferred as it's all in cache anyway. Sounds a lot more civilised.

Just plugged a JK Ciunas spdif convertor in for the first time, now I can see why you guys are so excited about MQn - I immediately heard detail which I hadn't heard before and the bass is lovely and warm, so a big step up from the MF V link 192, although without the vlink maybe I wouldn't have strived so hard to remove the digital sound. Supposed to take 48 hours to burn in, so all good. Thanks JK, shall have the 24 bit by the weekend. The 2.66 v3 version is a big help with the 24 bit as well because it can be converted to 24 bit more easily.
took my ciunas dac a long time to burn in,
Actually thought he sent me a lemon, decided to give it a few days see if the burn in gave it some inspiration
and it did in droves, so the best is yet to come
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

2.66 sse4 intel v2 - SQ & detail take another step forward over earlier versions. Havent tried tuther 2.66s yet

Edited - realised I hadnt even downloaded v3 yet - it was v2 I'd been listening to
Last edited by goon-heaven on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.