MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: MQN

Post by nige2000 »

mjock3 wrote:Asus P8Z77-V pro. I5-3570T

Thanks,
Mark

ok nothing weird then

http://www.highend-audiopc.com/PDF/audi ... _guide.pdf

threres pages on bios settings in this glossy guide

all the same except
cpu multiplier 16 or 1.6 ghz
ram to 800mhz
disable onboard audio and ethernet

if your feeling comfortable lower ram voltage to 1.25volts
set ram timings to 6 6 6 11 courtesy of JC

what ram do you have ?

Also note that multiple linear or battery supplies are of huge benefit over std atx
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
mjock3

Post by mjock3 »

Thanks Nige2000, I'll give it a shot. The memory is GSKILL F3-12800CL8D.

Mark
mjock3

Post by mjock3 »

Help!!!!

I just downloaded 2.65 V3, and it won't play. Not only that but none of the other versions will play any more. I get a flash of the CMD window with the list of songs then it closes and nothing happens.

Any ideas what could be happening?

Mark
tony

Post by tony »

Think I have made all the mistakes so hopefully I have the answer. Open the .bat file by right clicking and take the edit option.Check that
the folder in the bat file is the right one i.e the folder you are in. Make sure you have renamed the play file to play.exe. Sometimes a reboot is required. Finally make sure you do not already have a version open in the background.

Trying out the various 65 versions well most of them. Finding it hard to tell much difference. Maybe v3 is sharper more detail but not a lot in it.
Again all really good. No issue for me with lack of soundstage. Went back to 2.59 4 8 4 you know what i mean and that and the 8 version I like a lot also.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
mjock3

Post by mjock3 »

Thanks Tony, I don't know how it happened but all my bat files got changed to the default. Anyway all is well now. I able to get back to some sweet music.

Mark
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

mjock3 wrote:Thanks Nige2000, I'll give it a shot. The memory is GSKILL F3-12800CL8D.

Mark
ya that should be fine

i much prefered 2.65 over 2.65 v3

2.65 v3 reminded me a bit of 2.62 only not as bad
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

just uploaded a few 2.66 versions

There was a problem with 2.65, so this fixes it (1 was my error and 1 was in the intel article http://software.intel.com/en-us/article ... e-buffers/), sound is quite different, my preference is the 2.66 sse4 intel v2 version.

A bit more detail, (well a lot more detail, but people object to such terms) and the sound isn't projected from the speakers so much, but it's all there.

Don't know about the sse2 versions, haven't tested them, but there was a problem with the 2.65 sse2 playing 16/44.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

2.66 sse4 intel v2 was ok, but a bit tiring after a while

2.66 sse4 intel v3 removes an instruction that isn't needed for the amount of data being transferred as it's all in cache anyway. Sounds a lot more civilised.

Just plugged a JK Ciunas spdif convertor in for the first time, now I can see why you guys are so excited about MQn - I immediately heard detail which I hadn't heard before and the bass is lovely and warm, so a big step up from the MF V link 192, although without the vlink maybe I wouldn't have strived so hard to remove the digital sound. Supposed to take 48 hours to burn in, so all good. Thanks JK, shall have the 24 bit by the weekend. The 2.66 v3 version is a big help with the 24 bit as well because it can be converted to 24 bit more easily.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sbgk wrote:2.66 sse4 intel v2 was ok, but a bit tiring after a while

2.66 sse4 intel v3 removes an instruction that isn't needed for the amount of data being transferred as it's all in cache anyway. Sounds a lot more civilised.

Just plugged a JK Ciunas spdif convertor in for the first time, now I can see why you guys are so excited about MQn - I immediately heard detail which I hadn't heard before and the bass is lovely and warm, so a big step up from the MF V link 192, although without the vlink maybe I wouldn't have strived so hard to remove the digital sound. Supposed to take 48 hours to burn in, so all good. Thanks JK, shall have the 24 bit by the weekend. The 2.66 v3 version is a big help with the 24 bit as well because it can be converted to 24 bit more easily.
Cool, SB, thanks - yes give it at least 48hrs, maybe even a week burn-in to unfold the full organic sound
Roll on 24bit MQN!!
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Wow, this hobby became a full time job! ;-)
I keep telling my wife that I'm not lazy.......I'm just to busy testing!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS