MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

uploaded v6, hopefully good for win 2012 r2 / win 8.1

v7 has better treble
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

Gordon is this still Haswell ??
Thanks
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

elaprince wrote:Gordon is this still Haswell ??
Thanks
Yes
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

Damn
I guess I have to throw some cash for Haswell hardware
Thank you
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

elaprince wrote:Damn
Thank you
once I get the functionality added back in it's too big a change to get it working for non haswell, it's just at the back of the queue.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

I tried smaller buffers and there does seem to be more definition or rather the balance is shifted to enhanced treble. CPU % goes up as there is more work involved with smaller buffers.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:I tried smaller buffers and there does seem to be more definition or rather the balance is shifted to enhanced treble. CPU % goes up as there is more work involved with smaller buffers.
It (ldn v6 and ldn v7) is definitely a big change compared to ldn v3, for the better as well.

I have not yet made up my mind on its merits.
I hear what it does, and how it has changed, but I don't yet know what to think of it.
It is all you say it is, but it is again so different, each aspect seems to have 'extra'. I almost feel it is too much of everything.
Maybe I have to get used to it, to adapt myself again to it, as I have been listening a lot of internet radio lately, so not the best quality.

It is an unexpected and surprisingly big change again.
Well done for that.

I have to listen to various styles of music with it and see what it does with each .....

I'm a bit confused by this one.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:
elaprince wrote:Damn
Thank you
once I get the functionality added back in it's too big a change to get it working for non haswell, it's just at the back of the queue.
I mean't not too big a change
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:I tried smaller buffers and there does seem to be more definition or rather the balance is shifted to enhanced treble. CPU % goes up as there is more work involved with smaller buffers.
It (ldn v6 and ldn v7) is definitely a big change compared to ldn v3, for the better as well.

I have not yet made up my mind on its merits.
I hear what it does, and how it has changed, but I don't yet know what to think of it.
It is all you say it is, but it is again so different, each aspect seems to have 'extra'. I almost feel it is too much of everything.
Maybe I have to get used to it, to adapt myself again to it, as I have been listening a lot of internet radio lately, so not the best quality.

It is an unexpected and surprisingly big change again.
Well done for that.

I have to listen to various styles of music with it and see what it does with each .....

I'm a bit confused by this one.
early days, shall find out how it behaves.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded v8, probably the final version in terms of sq