MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded a win 2012 r2 version which uses the wait method, has an extra long dev name.

does 1002 IRPs for each wait, takes a few seconds to terminate using task mgr.
This is a terrific version.
Sound is superb

No more issues with high CPU ( remains on zero in taskmanager) and stop is immediate.

Cheers
That's good news, does sound good, where before I was straining to hear detail with this version it's all there, does tend to make for louder listening levels.

uploaded 2012 r2 align version which tweaks the alignment, sounds a little bit crisper.
TioFrancotirdor

Post by TioFrancotirdor »

sbgk wrote:
Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded a win 2012 r2 version which uses the wait method, has an extra long dev name.

Sound is superb

No more issues with high CPU ( remains on zero in taskmanager) and stop is immediate.

Cheers
That's good news, does sound good, where before I was straining to hear detail with this version it's all there, does tend to make for louder listening levels.

uploaded 2012 r2 align version which tweaks the alignment, sounds a little bit crisper.
Thanks Gordon. Did not do deep listening test yet, but both versions works on 2012 R2 flawlessly. Thanks.
ASUS-H81i Plus, i3 4360, 8GB RAM, Linear PSU. USB/PCI PPA Studio V2.
Ubuntu Live USB in RAM
Soekris R2R Salas Ref D powered -> Modulus 86 -> MA Silver 8
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
Aleg wrote:

Sound is superb

Cheers

Better still.
The thing I notice most is how quiet the background now is.
I was just listening to the St Marc passion and it allows one to hear the inividual voices beautifully and very natural sounding, with the diction really superb.

As as I'm concerened you can stop here and give us a 'normal' controler and loader to go with this version.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

Hi guys
Have a question
I got MQn folder from HaralBluetooth
It works but I am getting "cannot finf files mqnplay.exe in C etc" message when I try to play track or album
But it plays no problem
Just curious why I am getting it
I am trying to upload image hopefully works
Thank you
I guess cant upload anything
Attachments
pics
pics
20150411_063352.jpg (93.08 KiB) Viewed 395 times
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

elaprince wrote:Hi guys
Have a question
I got MQn folder from HaralBluetooth
It works but I am getting "cannot finf files mqnplay.exe in C etc" message when I try to play track or album
But it plays no problem
Just curious why I am getting it
I am trying to upload image hopefully works
Thank you
I guess cant upload anything
why the data directory ?
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

win 2012 r2 v2 version might be better
HaraldBluetooth

Post by HaraldBluetooth »

Elaprince and I were missing the mqn.bat file in the Musicplayer folder. I've uploaded this to him and send him PM.

This is now working in my end too without that error message. The DATA folder is because I'm using Taggert's Mqnload.

All is perfect now. I've just upgraded my PC with an i5-4570 Haswell so now I should be able to join the party :)
Last edited by HaraldBluetooth on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit / Intel i5-4570 3.20GHz 16GB RAM / iFi micro iDSD DAC / Sennheiser HD 580 / Topping TP60 Class T amp / NAD 3080 int. amp / Antique CV 12TR + Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo One speakers
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

I want to thanks Harald for taking time and uploading it
Yes I got it and seems there is no error
I am guessing that folder wasn't for Haswell???
HaraldBluetooth

Post by HaraldBluetooth »

elaprince wrote:I want to thanks Harald for taking time and uploading it
Yes I got it and seems there is no error
I am guessing that folder wasn't for Haswell???
Your guess is correct elaprince - there is no avx versions in that folder. I've just restarted my PC after
installing new motherboard, ram and cpu :)

If you experiment with the different versions, you will find, that not all versions will work with your setup.
It's kind of trial and error method :)
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit / Intel i5-4570 3.20GHz 16GB RAM / iFi micro iDSD DAC / Sennheiser HD 580 / Topping TP60 Class T amp / NAD 3080 int. amp / Antique CV 12TR + Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo One speakers
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

Harald do you think I can just get avx files and put in that folder to try it if it works??
Or I have to modify something in that folder?
I just want to try if it works with my Xenon cpu
Thanks again
Congrats on your new pc
I will be getting it soon