Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Seán

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Seán »

I like Andy Sheppard.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

On the TT:

The greatest Jazz Concert in the world? Who knows? Who cares? It is another JATP and features the Ellington Orchesta and a few small groups too. Several guest musicans feature as soloists with Ellington's Band including Zoot Sims, Clark Terry, Benny Carter, Ella Fitzgerald & Oscar Peterson, it is super stuff, well worth getting.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Derek

Post by Derek »

NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
dhyantyke

Post by dhyantyke »

Perfect for a wet end-of summer saturday morning

Seán

Post by Seán »

dhyantyke wrote:Perfect for a wet end-of summer saturday morning

Indeed it is, it is perfect at any time of the day or night, on any day of the week, in..........
dhyantyke

Post by dhyantyke »

Seán wrote:
dhyantyke wrote:Perfect for a wet end-of summer saturday morning

Indeed it is, it is perfect at any time of the day or night, on any day of the week, in..........

Yes!
tony

Post by tony »

Very nice de man can play piano a bit.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
markof

Post by markof »

Don't let the pretentious title mislead, this is a strong outing with very tasty playing, acoustic and electric guitar, latin melodies and virtuosic soloing and cracking support including Gonzalo Rubalcaba, Charlie Haden (on two tracks) and Pete Erskine.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Seán

Post by Seán »

On the TT:

This is marvellous music-making; my man, Zoot (Sims), strides like a colossus through these performances.

In 1960, Gerry Mulligan brought his Concert Jazz Band on tour and some of the concert performances were captured on tape. I have two on LP and another two on CD. There were several different arrangers on these sessions including Mulligan and Bill Holman. Mulligan used a small band of 3 trumpets, 3 trombones and a sax secton of clarinet, alto, tenor & baritone. The brass section included Nick Travis, Conte Condoli, Bob Brookmeyer & Willie Dennis.

The arrangements are tight and the playing is wonderful. Zoot Sims was a guest soloist on some of the sessions and they are captured on this LP, Zoot brought the music on to a higher plain, I love it.
Claus

Post by Claus »

CD quality download from qobuz. Maybe it would have been cheaper to just order it on amazon, but now I know how qobuz "works" from Ireland using a plugin for Firefox... ;)