Online vinyl purchasing

Ivor

Re: Online vinyl purchasing

Post by Ivor »

Thor wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:10 pm Package arrived this morning!

Packaging etc. all look to be very decent quality indeed.

Not going to open the last three yet, need to give them a listen on streaming first but possibly open to swapping these three.
Nice, I expect mine soon... I have one or two from that original Jazz mag and I've heard a few others... all top quality. I'd be very happy with that selection and would have with a few swaps to go too...

Enjoy Thor!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Looks like a decent haul! I've contacted Zavvi to say "where's my stuff" and got an email response saying they're sending today. Is this a new order? Who knows, but it looks like I won't have mine for a while.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Thor

Post by Thor »

Thanks Ivor - just giving Art Blakey - Drum Suite a listen and the pressing seems excellent.

Comes with a proper anti-static inner sleeve which is a surprising nice touch.

Diaspason - that's frustrating but judging by the timing of our orders, your replacement order seems likely to arrive next week.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Just having a listen now to 'Alfie' and it is in fact glorious so it's definitely coming out of the 'swaps' bucket!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:45 pm Looks like a decent haul! I've contacted Zavvi to say "where's my stuff" and got an email response saying they're sending today. Is this a new order? Who knows, but it looks like I won't have mine for a while.
Probably only a few days. Anyway you're a very important and busy man so the weekend will do fine ;)

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Hey, it's all about the evenings! The kids are awake at weekends...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Thor wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:22 pm Thanks Ivor - just giving Art Blakey - Drum Suite a listen and the pressing seems excellent.

The magazine and the LPs were all of the very highest quality, the included booklet giving background to the recording and some candid (to me anyway) photographs were lovely. Kind of Blue came with a lovely poster which I stored away safely somewhere.

It seems the magazine failed on terrible distribution (very hard to get copies!) and marketing. It seems their customer service was almost non existent too.

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:03 pm Hey, it's all about the evenings! The kids are awake at weekends...
My in-house grand kids sleep in the evenings, my in-house wife and daughter work from home in the mornings and from cars (conference calls etc) in the afternoons. I wonder that they do?

Thor

Post by Thor »

If anybody has a Charlie Haden or 'Speak No Evil' that they're interested in trading for Ella & Louis or Basie At Newport, I'm your man!
Thor

Post by Thor »

Ivor wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:12 pm
Thor wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:22 pm Thanks Ivor - just giving Art Blakey - Drum Suite a listen and the pressing seems excellent.

The magazine and the LPs were all of the very highest quality, the included booklet giving background to the recording and some candid (to me anyway) photographs were lovely. Kind of Blue came with a lovely poster which I stored away safely somewhere.

It seems the magazine failed on terrible distribution (very hard to get copies!) and marketing. It seems their customer service was almost non existent too.
The hole idea of buying a vinyl album with a magazine in a newsagent just seemed too weird to me - same with The Beatles series.

Found it hard to believe they weren't crap quality - although I now have incontrovertible evidence I was totally wrong.