Recent Viewing

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
k99_64

Re: Recent Viewing

Post by k99_64 »

Any one gotten lord of the rings on blu ray yet? Is it worth it?
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

k99_64 wrote:Any one gotten lord of the rings on blu ray yet? Is it worth it?
I didn't bother as the Blu Ray copies aren't the Extended Versions (how sad am I?). I might very well buy the BR release at some stage but I'd want the full extended ones.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Ivor wrote:
I didn't bother as the Blu Ray copies aren't the Extended Versions (how sad am I?). I might very well buy the BR release at some stage but I'd want the full extended ones.
The picture quality on the DVD versions were really good I thought and looked great upscaled too. I'd be curious to see how much of an improvement the Blu-Ray version would offer both picture and soundwise.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

I read the extended versions are been released in the run up to Christmas.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

jadarin wrote:I read the extended versions are been released in the run up to Christmas.
That would be absolutely typical of all the LOTRs releases.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
k99_64

Post by k99_64 »

Ivor wrote:
:O

Thats so S****E! I will be waiting for the extendo versions, and still waiting for aliens special edition to come out/
Manc Pat

Post by Manc Pat »

I watched a good film recently called Them.
Anyone see this film???
fergus

Post by fergus »

Three Colours Blue....

This is probably my favourite film of all time! I just find it so hauntingly atmospheric in all of its beautiful details and not least for the wonderful soundtrack and how it is woven into the texture of the film thereby lending to the atmosphere and drama.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
mcq

Post by mcq »

fergus wrote:Three Colours Blue....

This is probably my favourite film of all time! I just find it so hauntingly atmospheric in all of its beautiful details and not least for the wonderful soundtrack and how it is woven into the texture of the film thereby lending to the atmosphere and drama.
I agree, Fergus, it's a wonderful meditation on loss and grieving and features a fantastic central performance from Binoche. The whole Three Colours trilogy of films was a magnificent achievment for Kieslowski.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Gussy Finknottle

Post by Gussy Finknottle »

One of my favourite films of all time,That and the Chant of Jimmy Blacksmith
He who dies with the most expensive HiFi wins