What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
DaveF

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:...did you see the other one? Europe '72 Vol. 2....apparrently never released before; I was sorely tempted by that one when I saw it first last Tuesday. Outrageous price though
I was surprised to see that alright Dermot. The reviews have been pretty good so I was tempted but I'll leave it for a while.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

Arrived just now from Experimedia up in Akron.....would believe it has real twigs on the cover!

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

all vinyl from those nice Bear Family people in Germany

and as personnaly recommended by a well known evening radio presenter

the above has a huge hand drawn "pop up" map of Hamburg in the gatefold!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:all vinyl from those nice Bear Family people in Germany

and as personnaly recommended by a well known evening radio presenter

the above has a huge hand drawn "pop up" map of Hamburg in the gatefold!
Unusual to see Bear Family vinyl! I believe their attention to detail is legendary.....
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote: Unusual to see Bear Family vinyl! I believe their attention to detail is legendary.....
the Jerry Lee is on the Bear Family label. It's an offshoot of Phillips. Will stick an ear to it in about 10 minutes!

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

jesus but that's some live recording alright! I've heard better productions but it's certainly better than most (Jerry's piano and vocals are clearest) but what a gig! He ripped the place apart and it's caught brilliantly! "whole lot of shakin' goin on" has a whole new meaning now!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_th ... b,_Hamburg

cybot

Post by cybot »

From the ever reliable folks up at Boomkat towers....and a very rare vinyl outing from recordist supreme Chris Watson. More details later as this sounds awsome on first listen!

cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:jesus but that's some live recording alright! I've heard better productions but it's certainly better than most (Jerry's piano and vocals are clearest) but what a gig! He ripped the place apart and it's caught brilliantly! "whole lot of shakin' goin on" has a whole new meaning now!
Great stuff Ivor :) Incidentally that gig was actually recorded on my birthday!! I was all of 11 years of age :(
dhyantyke

Post by dhyantyke »

Just giving this a second listen.........quirky, sweet. Very short at 32 mins but will be a regular I'd say.

again just listened to this for the first time yesterday and will have another listen after the above. Really liked it the first time around though her voice was nothing like what I expected....interesting how my expectations were influenced by the rather delicate profile on the album cover while the actual voice is much more robust!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

dhyantyke wrote:Image

Just giving this a second listen.........quirky, sweet. Very short at 32 mins but will be a regular I'd say.

again just listened to this for the first time yesterday and will have another listen after the above. Really liked it the first time around though her voice was nothing like what I expected....interesting how my expectations were influenced by the rather delicate profile on the album cover while the actual voice is much more robust!
Both crackin' albums in their own way.