MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
elaprince

Re: MQN

Post by elaprince »

+1 need one too
Thank you
2channelaudio

Post by 2channelaudio »

Octagon wrote: with mqnparam.txt it is easy, you would just need the number of the device which is 0, 1, 2 etc. Please don't mix that with the device name used for the actual test versions. In case I am happy to give you the details to get the W7 version working, just let me know.
Thank you Octagon that's all I needed.... Not sure why others could not have pointed this out earlier. Much appreciated.

I previously followed this thread closely, however since I now have a 3 month old I simply don't have the time or inclination to read through 100's of posts to find relevant changes and content.

Can I suggest a basic change log be produced and saved into the google drive Mqn directory.
It would detail any major changes and their impact on functionality, loading, use, etc.
It would only need to be dot points. So easily managed.

Cheers
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

2C if you can't make sense of anything then it's still in development. There's only me doing it, so it takes as long as it takes.
My focus has always been on SQ, so if a new idea comes up then I pursue that and other things fall behind. If I was a user of MQn I wouldn't be trying to use the current development versions, but some people expressed an interest so I provided the latest versions.
Don't think it's far from finishing now.
Last edited by sbgk on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

At last got the second native instruction working, have uploaded v20. Makes quite a difference, this isn't even optimised code, but it's about the best thing I've heard out of a computer.

These instructions are as close to the driver as user mode will allow and MS even says they are deprecated, but there you go, sounds superb. There's still a lot goes on in kernel mode, but think it's the transition from user to kernel that affects the SQ.
TioFrancotirdor

Post by TioFrancotirdor »

v21 absolutely fenomenal in terms of clarity, bass, transparency .... Cannot tell more at the moment, need to go. Thanks gordon. v21 is great!
ASUS-H81i Plus, i3 4360, 8GB RAM, Linear PSU. USB/PCI PPA Studio V2.
Ubuntu Live USB in RAM
Soekris R2R Salas Ref D powered -> Modulus 86 -> MA Silver 8
TioFrancotirdor

Post by TioFrancotirdor »

BTW simple trick to listen to wav-es weighing less than 50mb. Use "free mp3 joiner" to merge your wave twice and then play :)
ASUS-H81i Plus, i3 4360, 8GB RAM, Linear PSU. USB/PCI PPA Studio V2.
Ubuntu Live USB in RAM
Soekris R2R Salas Ref D powered -> Modulus 86 -> MA Silver 8
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

v22 another step up in SQ, getting pretty good now and that's on my development £15 maplin dac and £20 sony headphones.

next steps

put render loop in assembly
auto device
read in more than one track
parse wav file for length, format and data length
pass metadata to other exes
HD resolutions
non haswell versions
stop/start/pause/skip
affinity etc

so a couple more weeks required

If you wanted to take it further you could inject code into the kernel and interface with the driver in kernel space, not sure if this is what xxhighend does, Peter T said he was doing something illegal, which hacking the kernel is.

Really v22 is like nothing I've heard before, the music makes sense now which must be a good sign.

v23 has loop in assembly, very engaging sound, going to be some annoyed TT owners lol. Shame it wasn't available for Scalford, maybe next year.
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

Hi Gordon,

Great step, could get an hear on v22 and v23. I would like to highlight the bass clarity that is grown in both. V23 gives a great offset in stage dept again! V23 > V22 in my system.

Well done
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

v24 is about as good as I can get it
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:v24 is about as good as I can get it

I liked V23 already very much, good transparancy combined with good tonal balance and plenty of lower frequencies.

Will give V24 as listen as well
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.