MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Octagon

Re: MQN

Post by Octagon »

Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:There seem to be a number of reclocking and usb improvement devices which should reduce jitter eg the schiit wyrd, ifi gemini cable, purifier etc.
For reclockers you should check out the Mutec products like MC-3.1 and esp. the new MC3.1+USB which will appear soon / in a couple of months.
Hi,
I am waiting for the MC3+ USB reclocker/asynchronos USB device and will make it work with MQn. Gonna post the experience as soon as possible, but the availability of the device will still take some time ;)
Take care
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

Hey Thomas, post some photos of MC3+ circuit board please.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

There are some guys who are using 2-3 MC-3+ in line (I believe that Fujak is using 3).
About a year ago I almost bought one.

Aleg, did you tried the MC-3+ with your main system and SonicWeld?
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sima66 wrote:....
Aleg, did you tried the MC-3+ with your main system and SonicWeld?
No, I didn't that's not where it was inteded to go.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

It might be worth trying, since you already have.
People are reporting excellent feedback.......never know!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
janh

Post by janh »

Need some help:
I have my first (PPA'd) Haswell-PC running, Server2012 R2 GUI.

I put the three exe-files from Febr.11, plus a test.wav into a folder c:\Musicplayer. I also had my device-id from mqndevinfo, and inserted into mqnplay.exe, using sebna's method.

To play I double-clicked on mqncontrol. Then not much happened. The mqncontrol-window was empty and after a few seconds was a message: mqnloader.exe has stopped working.

Something is wrong, any idea?
Gigabyte H97M-D3H with PPA OCXO module. i7-4790T, 800MHz. 8GB Ram, 800MHz.
PPA 2-rail LPSU & Pico. JCAT battery for OS-SSD and PPA v3 USBcard.
Server 2012 R2, AO 1.40. APL HiFi DAC-S, upd. Only use 1644 .wav
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

janh wrote:To play I double-clicked on mqncontrol. Then not much happened. The mqncontrol-window was empty and after a few seconds was a message: mqnloader.exe has stopped working.
Hi Janh,
Difficult to say because there are many possibilities of mistakes. Just think about the hexediting...
I suggest you start first getting one of the last not individual MQn versions playing. That will show you wether the whole system works or not. If that is the case, try again with KS Beta.

Just a guess: In general the audio service is switched off in R2, you need to switch it on to make the wasapi versions working. In case you use AO, AO will do that for you after(!) AO optimization.
Good luck
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
janh

Post by janh »

Thank you Thomas!
No AO yet.
At present I can play music with MQn Normal control and play.

With Avx2, I can play with Control 4.02 and Play 8.86. But I can not play with Control 4.25 and Play 9.12. Can well see the difference in Task Manager in these two cases.
I have only tried these two cases so far. The earlier versions are just randomly taken. Any earlier Avx2-versions to recommend?
Gigabyte H97M-D3H with PPA OCXO module. i7-4790T, 800MHz. 8GB Ram, 800MHz.
PPA 2-rail LPSU & Pico. JCAT battery for OS-SSD and PPA v3 USBcard.
Server 2012 R2, AO 1.40. APL HiFi DAC-S, upd. Only use 1644 .wav
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded v2 version of mqncontrol to go with loader/mqnplay, there was an incorrect setting in the file load. Maybe slightly longer play time as well.

I do like this version, seems to tease a bit more out of the music.
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

janh wrote:But I can not play with Control 4.25 and Play 9.12. Can well see the difference in Task Manager in these two cases.
I have only tried these two cases so far. The earlier versions are just randomly taken. Any earlier Avx2-versions to recommend?
Hi Janh,
Great to hear you have MQn playing!
4.25 & 9.12 are bundled and will only play together, I can' t comment on them as my device name is to long to hexedit them.
Try mqncontrol 3.92 avx2 with mqnplay 9.00 avx2 oct hexedited for your device. That is the last individual version I could do for my device and playing pretty well. If that will work you should get the test version from February working as well.
Enjoy
Thomas