MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
cvrle59

Re: MQN

Post by cvrle59 »

sebna wrote:What have you done so far? Which tweaks have you used? I am asking as I am at similar stage as you it seems with Haswell build

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
It all about power at moment. I need to buy two batteries, one 12V to power up picoPWS, and one to power up OS USB stick. For now I am using a linear regulate PS to power picoPWS, and OS stick is powered from that pico.
Who know what else...
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

elaprince wrote:Yes it is closer then never before but still Mqn is leading in ALL players I have try so far
And with OS on ram I dont think anyone can surpasses as of now
In the future who knows
Thanks
+1 regarding MQn vs new JP. I can only imagine MQn playing DSD, that would real dream combo..
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
2channelaudio

Post by 2channelaudio »

sbgk wrote:There seem to be a number of reclocking and usb improvement devices which should reduce jitter eg the schiit wyrd, ifi gemini cable, purifier etc. Does anyone have experience with these and do they make players sound the same ?
Another good one is the wyred 4 sound remedy reclocker..... its a very interesting beast.
https://wyred4sound.com/products/digita ... -reclocker
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

2channelaudio wrote:
sbgk wrote:There seem to be a number of reclocking and usb improvement devices which should reduce jitter eg the schiit wyrd, ifi gemini cable, purifier etc. Does anyone have experience with these and do they make players sound the same ?
Another good one is the wyred 4 sound remedy reclocker..... its a very interesting beast.
For reclockers you should check out the Mutec products like MC-3.1 and esp. the new MC3.1+USB which will appear soon / in a couple of months.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
2channelaudio

Post by 2channelaudio »

Aleg wrote:
2channelaudio wrote:
For reclockers you should check out the Mutec products like MC-3.1 and esp. the new MC3.1+USB which will appear soon / in a couple of months.
cool will do.
thanks Aleg
2channelaudio

Post by 2channelaudio »

Aleg wrote:
2channelaudio wrote:
At $700 US its not cheap.... but if it works!?
Aleg have you heard this unit in the chain?

I like that it has AES....
I like pro gear..... pro units seem to provide excellent value for money v's consumer hifi equipment.

For instance.... My yellowtec PUC2 USB > AES converter is close to 1/3 of the price V's Audiophilleo yet it performs to a superior level.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

2channelaudio wrote:
Aleg wrote:

I like pro gear..... pro units seem to provide excellent value for money v's consumer hifi equipment.

For instance.... My yellowtec PUC2 USB > AES converter is close to 1/3 of the price V's Audiophilleo yet it performs to a superior level.
Yes, I use the MC 3.1 (+ MC1.2 bi-directional USB converter) in my office system with spdif in and spdif out. It gives a very good improvement.
The upcoming MC 3.1+USB also contains a bi-directional USB converter in the box, converting to and from all connectors and has a very good reclocker and improved PSU.

It (MC-3.1) has been reported to improve on the Apogee Big Ben in a significant way and the Apogee was always considered the (affordable) holy grail of reclockers.
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Aleg wrote:
2channelaudio wrote:
Aleg wrote:

Yes, I use the MC 3.1 (+ MC1.2 bi-directional USB converter) in my office system with spdif in and spdif out. It gives a very good improvement.
The upcoming MC 3.1+USB also contains a bi-directional USB converter in the box, converting to and from all connectors and has a very good reclocker and improved PSU.

It (MC-3.1) has been reported to improve on the Apogee Big Ben in a significant way and the Apogee was always considered the (affordable) holy grail of reclockers.
BTW
The audio reclocker device I have is officially called MC-3+
and not the MC-3.1 which is a different one all together.

Sorry for the confusion.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

i assume these devices are asynchronous reclockers
likely have one xo a decent power supply and a series of logic chips to asynchronously reclock the multiple inputs
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

what about Genesis Digital lens old reclocker
anyone can say anything about t?
Thanks