MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote: It is just to make them compatible with my SonicWeld
How do you change them ? How much of the driver can be changed ?
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:
hmmn that would be interesting.....
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
Just by editing the .inf and .ini for device recognition and installation
No special things.
My aim is the have it recognise my device properly so I can keep up-to-date with the Thesycon drivers.
The manuf. of Sonicweld isn't able to do so.

I have not 'studied' all parameters but I don't think one can configure that much.
Most of it is for installing the actual drivers .sys and support tools and putting the right pointers in the registry.

My image of it all is that the actual behaviour of the driver is just hardcoded into the thesycon software (and is fixed for every device) and the rest can be configured with the control panel tool.
There is a nice feature going with it and that is called USBSpy and that will show a lot of parameter values that are actually being used in the USB communication, but I have not looked if these are changeable. There are many more visible than can be configured with the control panel tool.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:
Just by editing the .inf and .ini for device recognition and installation
No special things.
My aim is the have it recognise my device properly so I can keep up-to-date with the Thesycon drivers.
The manuf. of Sonicweld isn't able to do so.

I have not 'studied' all parameters but I don't think one can configure that much.
Most of it is for installing the actual drivers .sys and support tools and putting the right pointers in the registry.

My image of it all is that the actual behaviour of the driver is just hardcoded into the thesycon software (and is fixed for every device) and the rest can be configured with the control panel tool.
There is a nice feature going with it and that is called USBSpy and that will show a lot of parameter values that are actually being used in the USB communication, but I have not looked if these are changeable. There are many more visible than can be configured with the control panel tool.
there was a poster called chodi on headfi who modified wavio 2.24 drivers for use by gustard u12, guess all he did was change the inf and .ini files.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

pardon my ignorance

whats mqnloader?

anyone able to use tasker?

anyone missing decay, reverb, micro in last version?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jrling

Re: Win 10 UAC2 Support

Post by jrling »

Re Thesycon drivers for various USB converters like Gustard and WaveIO, there was a time when SBGK thought that his Technical Preview of Windows 10 contained built-in UAC2 (USB Audio Class 2) support thus removing the need for Thesycon drivers? Correct me if I misquote you.

Had a Google on whether this is the case or not. Of course, Win 10 being a Technical Preview means it is a moving target.

Several posters to the Win 10 Insider blog are requesting UAC2 Support and MS decline to comment, which does not raise hopes now or in the future.

One post from a professional audio recording engineer asserted -

Professional audio on windows was killed off with Vista, when they removed the kernel mode audio stack and replaced it with the lousy user mode audio stack, and forcing all audio rendering to occur on CPU through audiodg.exe

I am finding 10 to be much better with fewer disk writes, better configurable gui choices and incredible fast threading on a good old dual core non hyperthread intel 8400 with only 6meg of L2!

I do believe that Win 10 could reach far better audio latencies than 7 or 8. They could even rival core audio if they get it right this time!

He then went on to suggest to others how to configure Windows 10 for best audio performance on a DAW -

....... limit the logging functions, paging, and other non essential threads and have good threading on and achievable rt prio for the user to the usb stack. AND equally important have onboard vid requests to the core proc and ram stack writes that don't step on things too much if you do not have a thread separate gpu and instead vid thread on the cpu.

It was all good commonsense. Some I understood, but some I didn't. I did not know how to achieve 'good threading' (!). rt prio (Real Time Process IO?) is achieveable for MQnPlay.exe (or actually I think Gordon does it in his code), but how do you achieve that for the USB stack or the vid(eo) requests and RAM stack writes?
========================
Anyone tried Windows 10 Technical Preview and found good results? It is possible that the audio stack has been improved and we will have to wait until the successor to Server 2012 R2 arrives in ?2016 to get an equivalent audio stack in a Server Edition.

Enough already!
Jonathan
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

nige2000 wrote:pardon my ignorance

whats mqnloader?

anyone able to use tasker?

anyone missing decay, reverb, micro in last version?
Hi Nige,
I am not sure if I get you right but try to answer. Guess you are refering to the February 11 versions, are you?

I expect MQnload from Taggart is not working with these versions as they are differently combined now, but I must admit I did not test that. As the file needs to be in the musicplayer folder I did rename some files manually to test.wav to try them.

I do use Tasker in the same way I did before and it works fine. I start the .bat manually which I start in the other versions via MQnload.

Take care
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

Reading jling's comments on WINDOWS 10 makes me wonder if a step backward to XP is something to consider?

Is a 32 bits version of MQn possible? AS I think about it 32 bits should be possible but is intertwined with files that did not exist in XP? Probably so.

I know I can lapse into XP nostalgia with very little prompting ...
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

mqn is 64bit
xp is troublesome
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

nige2000,

That is why I asked if a 32 bits version would be possible,

Troublesome in which ways? My experience with XP was very good.

Is it not capable of using kernel streaming properly? When I used it it was with JULI@ soundcard and ASIO.

My curiosity has the best of me.
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers