Recent Purchases

Jared

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:
Jared wrote:Cold Turkey... I think I've managed to go for 2 whole weeks without making a single purchase!..
The discipline will do you good!!
quite right... and meanwhile, gives me the opportunity to crack open some superb Dvorak, Hummel & Schumann chamber works, with which to immerse myself over the next couple of weeks...
Jared

Post by Jared »

just popped in to town today, and came across this set in MINT condition for only £2 in a charity shop!

cheapest I can find it anwhere else is £17... I know I'm on a sabbatical from new purchases, but I don't know whether any of you would pass up that opportunity!

anyone heard it? at present, I only have the Aimard & Kempff sets, so I'd be interested in your views... Sean??
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Jared wrote:just popped in to town today, and came across this set in MINT condition for only £2 in a charity shop!

cheapest I can find it anwhere else is £17... I know I'm on a sabbatical from new purchases, but I don't know whether any of you would pass up that opportunity!

anyone heard it? at present, I only have the Aimard & Kempff sets, so I'd be interested in your views... Sean??
£14.75 on MDT with the slightly odd bonus of the Triple Concerto in a later recording where the pianist is not Pollini: that's the version I got recently and am greatly enjoying! How could you go wrong with Pollini and Abbado in Beethoven? At £2 I assume you bought it without a second thought!
Jared

Post by Jared »

Ciaran wrote: At £2 I assume you bought it without a second thought!
Ciaran, it was poetry in motion as both CD and myself glided effortlessly in unison toward the counter.. ;-))
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:just popped in to town today, and came across this set in MINT condition for only £2 in a charity shop!

I wouldn't pass up that opportunity, buy it! Better still where is it for sale? I'll buy it.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

I have really been enjoying my return to full health. Yesterday, I listened to music for several hours and today these gems arrived to add to my collection.

Franz Joseph Haydn
String Quartets opus 20, 33 and
the seven last words of our saviour on the cross opus 51

Quatuor Mosaïques

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:
Ciaran, it was poetry in motion as both CD and myself glided effortlessly in unison toward the counter.. ;-))
Good man, Fergus can be a bad influence at times. BUY, BUY, BUY, I say.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:
Jared wrote:
Good man, Fergus can be a bad influence at times. BUY, BUY, BUY, I say.
Special dispensation is granted in exceptional circumstances!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »