MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
taggart

Re: MQN

Post by taggart »

Aleg wrote:Update 1
Music playback stops suddenly after a few minutes (2-3) well before the end of the track ( 8 - 9 minutes length)
Same here with WaveIO. Music starts correctly from the beginning, but terminates before end of file is reached.
But sounds very good. This one and 4.25/9.12 combination are best for me so far.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Same as taggart and Aleg. Just a few minutes play but sounding very good.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Ok, thanks for trying, seems enough good feedback to continue with, shall get the other bits added in.

It only loads 30 mb of data so will finish before the end of a track, also starts a little bit into the track.

with 3 exes the loader and player can be highly optimised while the control still has other functionality.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I tested the 3 files with test.wav on a Server 2012 R2 Essentials Core install with AO 1.26b optimiser and music played wonderfully.
Feels great to have MQN now playing in Server Core mode so I am confident with a Core RamDisk install it will work fine, might try that at the weekend.

The few tracks I played all started fine.
2 at about 70Mb cut out at the 30Mb limit I assume.
1 at about 30Mb played to the end and I got a short blast of white noise.

Music sounded great though in core mode. Great work.

Post by Octagon »

Gordon, I am happy to comment the following on your test versions from February 11:
Tested on Server 2012 R2 with AudioPhil's Optimizer 1.30; all comments about optimized versions best settings, only WMI switched on which I need for Acourate because of online convolving, 1644

GUI: ok GUI full AO optimized: ok
Minimal server: ok Minimal server full AO optimized: ok
Core full AO optimized: ok

Saying that, I can confirm that we have for the first time a real KS only version of MQn, great!

And even more I am happy to confirm that all above mentioned scenarios are working even better with OS in RAM on my system.

As mentioned files are played only a couple of minutes but from the beginning. Regarding SQ it’s too early to say more from my perspective than: sounds quite well.

Thank you for listening, all these test have only been possible because you put a longer string for the device in which enabled me to change it for my FFace UCX. Would be great if later on the device could be choosed...... Puuuh: always new requests ;)

Take care
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
jmmbarco

Post by jmmbarco »

Hi All!

This is my first post in this forum. My name is Jose Miguel.

I am following this thread for some days now and I am very interested in this new software. Currently I am a Jplay user. For some time I had a dual setup but now I am rebuilding my pcs so for the moment it is a single pc. Not yet finished. I use it with W2012R2 and AO v1.30. I am following Infinity Blade as well.

I have read in the previous pages that this last version is only working on Haswell CPUs (unfortunately I use I5-3470S), Is it correct??

Assuming that a compatible version turns up, the basic steps would be as described by Ken Moreland in page 672? Is anyone using this software with Auralic Vega??

Thank you very much in advance and
Best Regards,
JM
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Hi Jose Miguel, looks like you are correct and your CPU is not Haswell so these latest versions of MQN won't work for you. Somebody on this forum who is more familiar with these things maybe will advise you. The Haswell/AVX2 versions are well worth the investment of a mobo/cpu though my i3 works perfectly.
Anyway welcome to the forum, there's plenty going on here in the realm of PC activity.

KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

jmmbarco wrote:Hi All!

This is my first post in this forum. My name is Jose Miguel.

I am following this thread for some days now and I am very interested in this new software. Currently I am a Jplay user. For some time I had a dual setup but now I am rebuilding my pcs so for the moment it is a single pc. Not yet finished. I use it with W2012R2 and AO v1.30. I am following Infinity Blade as well.

I have read in the previous pages that this last version is only working on Haswell CPUs (unfortunately I use I5-3470S), Is it correct??

Assuming that a compatible version turns up, the basic steps would be as described by Ken Moreland in page 672? Is anyone using this software with Auralic Vega??

Thank you very much in advance and
Best Regards,
JM
JM

I have not heard that anyone is using an Auralic on this forum, but it should work as long as Auralic is offering a KS-driver.

If you run the program mqndevinfo.exe (dated 11-12-2014) from a command window, you will see if mqn finds any Ks-devices it can use and also what the device-ID is that the Auralic is using (and which you will need to paste into the mqnplay.exe for the moment using a HEX-editor).

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
jmmbarco

Post by jmmbarco »

Hi Aleg! Thank you. Vega has a KS driver, in fact it is what am using through JPLAY. I will test this utility to get the string.

I hope some version to be available for Ivy....

Best,
JM
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Hi Aleg or anyone really,

am having an issue with my gustard u12 convertor, the driver (Thesycon) is installed so that
the device appears as a speaker. I am able to play other sounds through the speaker while it is playing ks or wasapi exclusive.
So it is either using the windows mixer or there is something in the hardware allowing this to happen.
ksstudio shows it has 3 nodes, a dac, mute and volume control, so could be hardware. Would like to get it to install as a digital device and wonder if there is anything in the inf file that I could alter.

Any advice much appreciated.