MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Ken Moreland

Re: MQN

Post by Ken Moreland »

elaprince wrote:Using combination 9.12/4.25 with server mobo and Xenon V2 CPU no problem here
Plays whole albums
Thank you for this amazing player
Lucky you, I think this is the best MQN combination so far. What DAC are you using?
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

Aleg wrote:If I understood correctly the combination 9.12/4.25 will only work in that combination so not with previous play or control versions.

Ken and Taggart already reported the issue of early ending of playback. Ken said it was about 2 minutes before the end of the selected track(list) and taggart noticed missing a (few) second(s) from the start.
Gordon already said he'll be looking at that, the main thing was this new combination is sounding very, very good.

So add a second track to your selection if you want to listen to the first track completely and just stop MQn when it has finished.
An easy way to stop MQn is to create a bat file, e.g. mqn-stop.bat with the following line of code:

Code: Select all

taskkill /fi "PID gt 0" /IM mqnplay.exe /F >nul
cheers
Thanks Aleg will give that a go. I have generally just browsed and selected next track if I wanted to skip a track but this gives a neater method. Last few versions have sounded excellent to me but haven't tested 4.12 yet.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

elaprince wrote:Using combination 9.12/4.25 with server mobo and Xenon V2 CPU no problem here
Plays whole albums
I doubt anyone else here is using THAT for a processor! Hope it doesn't become a requirement!
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

rickmcinnis wrote:
Plays whole albums
I doubt anyone else here is using THAT for a processor! Hope it doesn't become a requirement!
adds to the atmosphere i guess
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

nige2000 wrote:
rickmcinnis wrote:
Plays whole albums
adds to the atmosphere i guess
It just might though I would worry with such a busy processor the atmosphere would be lush digital haze!

Have you ordered the SOEKRIS, yet? I sent money, waiting for a board.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

rickmcinnis wrote:
It just might though I would worry with such a busy processor the atmosphere would be lush digital haze!

Have you ordered the SOEKRIS, yet? I sent money, waiting for a board.
yea its in a box here

will only get to look at it tonight

no soldering yet
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

NOT FAIR, my name was on the list before yours!!!

Even though, since I will slavishly follow what you do with it, I am glad you got it first!
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

rickmcinnis wrote:NOT FAIR, my name was on the list before yours!!!

Even though, since I will slavishly follow what you do with it, I am glad you got it first!
maybe but no-one can work paypal like me :)
think it was to do do with us distribution, they just didn't have em to send out at the time

hope the instruction manual appears soon ;)
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

I am using APL HiFi DSD-S dac
I am Canadian distributor of this boutique products
Yes indeed combination 9.12/4.25 it is best so far
Thank you
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

elaprince wrote:I am using APL HiFi DSD-S dac
I am Canadian distributor of this boutique products
Yes indeed combination 9.12/4.25 it is best so far
Thank you
Super...there are 3 of us now using mqn, from this side of the pond...:)
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1