MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jrling

Re: MQN

Post by jrling »

nige2000 wrote:I run my Haswell with the fan disconnected it's barely warm
is Broadwell not Just for mobile and mobo with the cpu soldered on?
We could be waiting to almost 2016 for a skylake 512 bit dedicated audio pc

Anyway Jonathan has just gone Haswell ; )
Yeah!! Well not quite yet as I am still trying to set it up with 2012 R2.
I reckon my Haswell has plenty of life left in it!
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

sbgk,

Which processor are you using?

I have been using a 4130, 2 core. Does one need a four core for the latest versions to work?

I sure hope so.
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers
seeteeyou

Post by seeteeyou »

Really tempted to grab this Broadwell-u system board for 200 bucks, Thunderbolt is another bonus for storage

sbgk

Post by sbgk »

rickmcinnis wrote:sbgk,

Which processor are you using?

I have been using a 4130, 2 core. Does one need a four core for the latest versions to work?

I sure hope so.
2 core i5 haswell
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded more control versions, quite like 4.16
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

I like 4.16 (but I also like 4.12 and 4.10 like an Aldi advert) and the MQN.bat run as admin via shortcut is also good and convenient too.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

[quote="seeteeyou"]Really tempted to grab this Broadwell-u system board for 200 bucks, Thunderbolt is another bonus for storage

That would be very convenient but I worry about having even more dc-dc converters than a regular motherboard.
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

Are any of the WINDOWS "features needed for MQN to run?

I never had any problems before KS but now I cannot get the thing to work.

I have had a very convoluted, too long to detail here, adventure. Have received much help from J Ling but still cannot get it to work.

Would anyone be willing to specify what is required? I have been trying to minimize the OS but even with a full install of 8.1 and 10 I have had no success. The good news is with an OS 1/4 the size of a full install I have the same problems so I know it is not due to that. I think a smaller install might offer a little bit extra; only time will tell. Needless to say I need to figure out what I am doing with a full install to porceed with anything useful.

I thought I knew what I was doing with computer audio and have been humbled. Anyone with the time and compassion would receive my greatest appreciation.

Using various H81 boards, 4130 CPU and WAVE IO.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

rickmcinnis wrote:
seeteeyou wrote:Really tempted to grab this Broadwell-u system board for 200 bucks, Thunderbolt is another bonus for storage

That would be very convenient but I worry about having even more dc-dc converters than a regular motherboard.
Yea definitely

The std atx and mitx mobo are far easier to mod to allow cleaner power to be provided
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Ken Moreland wrote:I like 4.16 (but I also like 4.12 and 4.10 like an Aldi advert) and the MQN.bat run as admin via shortcut is also good and convenient too.
yup, thought 4.16 was a bit different, but 4.12 might be more realistic