It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

Ivor

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:47 pm Well, I can tell you - if you are worried about listening to the amp, you definitely don't want to hear the DAC he gave me a lend of!!
That's that so!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Put the amp in the main system yesterday and its a giant killer, the Classe has been well and truly trounced by it.
Much more grip on music and it seems to free up more detail and nuance in the music.

Seems so much better than the earlier unfinished version I had here so recent improvements have worked very well.
Great job Nige, really enjoying the sound and even the looks are a perfect match for the Big7.

Post by nige2000 »

thats good news
the amp you brought home last time had a gnding issue with hum likely there was oscillation and dc voltage it wouldnt have sounded great,
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Excellent work guys - a brilliant journey & great result by all accounts - can't wait to hear it
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Good side effect of this weather is lots of time to listen to music and really loving the amp as it gets more hours on it.
With the Classe amp I has baffles for the tweeters on the Raidhos as I found the top end too harsh which I thought was down to the speakers.
I took them off yesterday with the GB amp and highs sound so much better so back to full on listening with the Raidhos.

Its amazing how a power amp can release so much more of what is going on in complex pieces of music, hearing much more detail now even before i removed the baffles.

Those who take a listen to the travelling amp will be in for a treat and it may take a little time to get used to the presentation.

Post by sima66 »

Sligolad wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:22 pm With the Classe amp I has baffles for the tweeters on the Raidhos as I found the top end too harsh which I thought was down to the speakers.
I took them off yesterday with the GB amp and highs sound so much better so back to full on listening with the Raidhos.

Its amazing how a power amp can release so much more of what is going on in complex pieces of music, hearing much more detail now even before i removed the baffles.
My speakers are 8-9 feet from the back wall with same space between them. My back wall is 16 feet wide.
I never heard sound coming from my speakers. The focus was sniper sharp and all the instruments were pin point precise and separate on the back wall, or behind my speakers! My back wall was playing the music! Speakers were there just like a display!
I never heard this kind of separation AND focus anywhere I went! Maybe more details, or better bass, but the precise separation and the 3D was what I had best and by big margin!
Since no-one had speakers like mine, I all attributed to them........until I sold my AA amps!

I have never ever experienced bigger change into my system then going from Audio Aero Prestige to Pass Labs XA100.5.
My back wall doesn't sing anymore, my focus is huge, my speakers start to play........me very disappointed!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sima66 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:55 pm
Sligolad wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:22 pm With the Classe amp I has baffles for the tweeters on the Raidhos as I found the top end too harsh which I thought was down to the speakers.

My speakers are 8-9 feet from the back wall with same space between them. My back wall is 16 feet wide.
I never heard sound coming from my speakers. The focus was sniper sharp and all the instruments were pin point precise and separate on the back wall, or behind my speakers! My back wall was playing the music! Speakers were there just like a display!
I never heard this kind of separation AND focus anywhere I went! Maybe more details, or better bass, but the precise separation and the 3D was what I had best and by big margin!
Since no-one had speakers like mine, I all attributed to them........until I sold my AA amps!

I have never ever experienced bigger change into my system then going from Audio Aero Prestige to Pass Labs XA100.5.
My back wall doesn't sing anymore, my focus is huge, my speakers start to play........me very disappointed!
U don't like the xa100.5 ?

That's kinda like an a aleph x ?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I would say thaI miss what I had with AA.
I expected to hear maybe less body, or brigher sound.......or dont know waht, but not this!
The magic disapeard!
Just clean sound!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Soundstage greatly decreased?
And much more focused ?
How's the detail?
sima66

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:42 pm Soundstage greatly decreased?
And much more focused ?
How's the detail?
I just connected the xlr cable and no more zzz into the speakers, when I comnect Entreq ground!

With XA100.5 I get more detail, more dinamics, more controled sound.
The bad is less focus and sound is in my face, Instead, how it used to be, behind speakers and back wall! The sound what used to be behind speakers, now is comming from the speakers!

I guess that the only solution will be to play with speaker position and lidtening position!
I dont know how else to fix that!