What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Adrian

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by Adrian »

Arrived recently, just listening to it now... not bad at all, some good tracks, especially after a glass of red.

Let the Good Times Roll...................
cybot

Post by cybot »

These Lps arrived this morning....

A thing of gatefold beauty...

Erik Enocksson - Apan - Front and back only Not gatefold as I was led to believe....
cybot

Post by cybot »

It's finally here! All the way from USA, the 8 Lp box set. I promise I won't say another word ;-)

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

ImageImage
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:It's finally here! All the way from USA, the 8 Lp box set. I promise I won't say another word ;-)
I expect a full report!!!! :-)
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:It's finally here! All the way from USA, the 8 Lp box set. I promise I won't say another word ;-)
I expect a full report!!!! :-)

LOL :-)))) I can't really enjoy it at the moment because I can scarcely believe I actually have it!! I'm sort of listening a little too critically and not enjoying it as much as I should be, if you know what I mean....Anyway this is off-thread so if you nip over to the listening post I'll attempt a very short appraisal....
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:ImageImage

Jesus!!! You're a man after my own heart, you are :-))))) The second album is a guitarist's dream ("One Soldier.....") and some of it is featured on the soundtrack "Aguirre". The first one is liked by many but it's not one of my favourites. I can't remember why; I'll have to give it another listen!! Still, to see any semblance of this mythical band on this forum is a joy forever! Thank you John, you've got impeccable taste :-)
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiFt3WnHPg8
Dermot,
It worth having this for this track alone...amazing!
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiFt3WnHPg8
Dermot,
It worth having this for this track alone...amazing!
Just seeing this now....will get back to you asap. I'm back! Ah, "Der Ruf" - amazingly beautiful....So..... John your long and beautiful Popol Vuh journey starts here :) Why don't pop over (pun intended!) to the Electronica section and have a listen to a sacred piano piece by the late and very sadly missed PV leader Florian Fricke. You won't get it immediately but it will haunt you for the rest of your life.....themes from Nosferatu and others are fleetingly mentioned.
cybot

Post by cybot »

From Peter Broderick himself! There's a whole story to this! The short version is this: About a fortnight ago I went looking for Peter's email address and I accidentally discovered that he did a five inch lathe cut with Eluvium! However when I went looking for said five inch it was completely sold out everywhere! On checking other sites I was horrified to discover that one chap was looking for €100.00?!?!? For four minutes!?!? Anyway to make a long story short I managed to get in contact with Peter and I asked him had he any copies;He told me he had a few and that he would send me one if I gave him my address! And this from somewhere in Belgium where he is on tour at the moment! I received it this morning and it's my first lathe cut ever! Free of charge too!?!?!? God, isn't the world such a beautiful place at the moment :-) Thank you Peter! He tells me he'll be coming back to Ireland in the Spring with a new album under his belt! Can't wait!!

Last edited by cybot on Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.