So this where you are all hiding...Cloney Show anyone going?

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
dubber

Re: So this where you are all hiding...Cloney Show anyone going?

Post by dubber »

Claus wrote:
Claus wrote: I was really impressed with Arcam's rDac and rCube and the rWave! I think the idea of sitting in my couch, just streaming high rez or lossless music wirelessly to the Dac from my Macbook Pro, somewhat appealing. That they seem to have really thought about the wireless technology and that they use dCS Asynchronous USB is an added bonus. I might be sold on this one!
Turns out it will only stream 44.1/16 so no streaming high rez. I could still live with that. As most of my music is already ripped in lossless FLAC or Apple Lossless.... Hmm wonder what it would all cost? Looks like the rDAC W is around 550 euro and then the rWAND at 100 maybe... Hmmm....
I didn't hear these at the show, were they any better than a Squeezebox?
Claus

Re: So this where you are all hiding...Cloney Show anyone going?

Post by Claus »

I can't say I have any experience with the squezebox, but the sound of the rDAC playing red book cd from his laptop was very nice. I even thought the rCube sounded impressive for its size... Whether it is better than a Squeezebox with an external DAC or on its own I am not sure. The advantage of the rDac would be connecting up a transport and laptop (for streaming via NAS) at the same time without any other hoolabaloo...
Off to Cloney and hope I can borrow one for a few days...