Recent Purchases

Seán

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:
Seán wrote:
fergus wrote:Hey Seán....I thought that you gave up spending for Lent!!!
No, I haven't. This year, I have slowed down though. I need to listen to the CDs that I have already acquired. That said I am still collecting Haydn CDs.
Last year I sold quite a number of both Rock and Classical Music cds purely to make space. I have now actually replaced the same quantity, if not more and I now have the problem of restricted storage space looming again!
I have room alright but I do need to listen to those that I've already bought as I now have about a thousand classical recordings and they were, in the main, purchased over the last few years.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

The collection is growing Seán....you must be proud of it!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:The collection is growing Seán....you must be proud of it!
Eh, I suppose I am. I don't have too many duds in it. I stay away from SSRattle LOL
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Cheeky....but true of his later work unfortunately....the curse of celebrity status??
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Seán

Post by Seán »

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Seán wrote:Image
I've heard some good things about the Amadeus Quartet. Do let us know what you think of this one Seán.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Seán

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote: I've heard some good things about the Amadeus Quartet. Do let us know what you think of this one Seán.
I will, of course. This is my first foray into Haydn's String Quartets, I'm looking forward to exploring this music.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:
DaveF wrote: .... This is my first foray into Haydn's String Quartets, I'm looking forward to exploring this music.
Simple, uncomplicated and beautiful music that is always a joy to listen to.
fergus

Post by fergus »

I bought this recently Dave and I really enjoyed it....