MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Fran
Site Admin

Re: MQN

Post by Fran »

Jaysus, I'm getting a big improvement with 2.53. That was unexpected!
Do or do not, there is no try
Modest

Post by Modest »

Fran wrote:Jaysus, I'm getting a big improvement with 2.53. That was unexpected!
ahhha, that improvement took 6 albums in one gasp :)
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Has anyone got it to work with flac files? I followed the instructions (I think!) but no joy.......

Fran
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Nope didnt try that
dbpoweramp does a good job at conversion
quick too
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Ah I know, I was just hoping to avoid converting my library thats all.

I'll have another go at getting it running....

Fran
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I think what's wrong is that sox isn't working properly - maybe because the command in MQn.bat isn't correct?

Anyone in contact with the developer that could ask? I haven't found anyone through searches that has flac running...

Fran
tony

Post by tony »

Modest wrote:
Fran wrote:Jaysus, I'm getting a big improvement with 2.53. That was unexpected!
ahhha, that improvement took 6 albums in one gasp :)
Would second that.After a year chasing perfection with Jplay streaming, upgrading to linear,batteries, lan cables and usb operating systems
a free program by obviously a programming genius gets there in jig time.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I'd agree - although as I'm already set up for jplay, running the zuma headless etc etc its easier to sit here and use the laptop to fire songs across to be played via streaming. I have to wonder though, if it sounds that good on a non-optimised laptop, how would it sound running on the zuma?!?

However, given that he's gone this far as quickly as he has, it will be interesting to see if he can go further. I think for real world use it all needs to be a bit more user friendly too. Things like flac (and other formats) actually working, gapless playback, file name issues and so on. BUT, this thing is free!! He must have put massive amounts of time and energy into MQn and he deserves at least the recognition for the work he's done.

As John has already said, the really important point here is that as he has released new better sounding versions, he actually tells you what the changes in the files are - so the knowledge is out there for anyone with the coding ability to copy it.

Its very impressive. If I could get some time to remote desktop onto the zuma to control the playback I'd be happy!

Fran
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Yea Fran, I tried the Flac convert but as you say there is some syntax error in a statement in that script. I haven't had the time to track it down & didn't want to bother Gordon, the developer with this as I think we probably should work it out ourselves & give something back to the whole MQN phenomena.

The filename issue is already sorted (new mqn.bat file) & something I didn't realise or try - apparently a music folder can be played - no need to select individual files. I guess you need enough memory too but this shouldn't be a problem with our Jplay configs.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

I think someone has figured out the flac thing check the CA thread page 46 or 47 think it was mentioned awhile back too come to think of it

JK would a firmware update on the a Amanero let it accept 24 in 32,
Would that fix out high res woes
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's