MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:
John Dot wrote:
sbgk wrote:8.16 sounds about right, think I'll stop there.
Not working on my system, losing hope...
so, have you had a non pa wdm ks version work ? I can undo the changes to see if that would work.
uploaded a 8.16 normal orig version, might work for you, sounds a bit rough.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tried an install of the preview server version of win 10
seems like a more logical arrangement than win 8

i didnt get sound out of it yet as i tried to install dac driver and went to minimal server
anyway i messed up hope to retry tomorrow

havent tried 8.16 yet
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

sbgk wrote: uploaded a 8.16 normal orig version, might work for you, sounds a bit rough.
Wow thank you! Now it's working. My first impression - CRYSTAL CLEAR.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
sima66

Post by sima66 »

With all due respect for the Gordon's hard work and everybody else's opinions, I must say that either is something wrong with my system, or with myself, but I still can't hear the details, the clarity and the balance of 5.14 in the KS, including the latest 8.16's!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Octagon

Re: MQN 8.16 normal orig

Post by Octagon »

sbgk wrote:
uploaded a 8.16 normal orig version, might work for you, sounds a bit rough.
Thanks’ Gordon, that (8.16 normal orig) is the first version working again with my system (Server 2012 R2; AO 1.30, Minimal Server fully optimized) since mqnplay 7.41 normal, pa 93 normal, control 3.64 and 3.65. None of the non pa versions worked either in GUI or minimal server mode, optimized or not.

Recognized it is even working with W7 Professional again which had the latest working combination with mqnplay 7.39 normal, pa 57 normal and control 3.65.

I can’t make any remark about sq as I can’t test at 3 o’clock in the morning ;) I will check later if it might work within core mode as well. [edit] AO optimized core mode is not working, guess windows audio is still used without pa as well.

By the way, if anyone is thinking about updating Phil Audiophile Optimizer, go for it. I did that end of last week and can confirm that Phil made huge steps forward regarding transparency and detail next to adding more comfort in handling the tool. I think Phil is following the same path with the OS as you, Gordon, doing with the player. The combination is a benefit for all of us.

Great work
Thomas
Last edited by Octagon on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

sima66 wrote:With all due respect for the Gordon's hard work and everybody else's opinions, I must say that either is something wrong with my system, or with myself, but I still can't hear the details, the clarity and the balance of 5.14 in the KS, including the latest 8.16's!
8.16 orig finally works ! overall sound is great
needs more decay

uploaded MQnPlay1644.exe8.16 orig MOD20
https://drive.google.com/?usp=folder&au ... 0plZTNGd0E

PE mod.
agility better. fast notes better.
did try tighten sound further my machine cannot handle.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sima66 wrote:With all due respect for the Gordon's hard work and everybody else's opinions, I must say that either is something wrong with my system, or with myself, but I still can't hear the details, the clarity and the balance of 5.14 in the KS, including the latest 8.16's!
It's got to be a Canadian thing...:)
Every time I go back to 5.14 I feel good. 5.14 possess something special and not measurable, called musicality. It makes me no tired to listen music hours and hours.
In KS world, I like 7.55 and especially 8.16.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

nige2000 wrote:tried an install of the preview server version of win 10

i didnt get sound out of it yet as i tried to install dac driver and went to minimal server

havent tried 8.16 yet
server version doesn't have the usb2 drivers built in
sounds ok
will try regilar win 10
thought 8.16 win 10 version sounded a little worse

dont think mqn ks has reached its potential yet
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:
nige2000 wrote:tried an install of the preview server version of win 10

havent tried 8.16 yet
server version doesn't have the usb2 drivers built in
sounds ok
will try regilar win 10
thought 8.16 win 10 version sounded a little worse

dont think mqn ks has reached its potential yet
have only tested it 16/44, it did download something when I plugged the cuinas in

it's just picking a random filter, so don't know if different filters might sound better, the one I get is usb video.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

cvrle59 wrote:
It's got to be a Canadian thing...:)
Every time I go back to 5.14 I feel good. 5.14 possess something special and not measurable, called musicality. It makes me no tired to listen music hours and hours.
In KS world, I like 7.55 and especially 8.16.
what do other players sound like ? Do they lack detail ?

I don't have a preamp, if I did maybe I would prefer a different version because even the best preamp removes some of the sq. If you like 5.14 then any small buffer asio player should sound good.