What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by cybot »

From Norman records...

6 Lp box set....

cybot

Post by cybot »

Tower...

Last edited by cybot on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

On Vinyl

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:On Vinyl

I bet you got that in Celtic Note ;-) I was there myself yesterday and it was nice to see that the vinyl section had expanded. I also love the way they have the Lp covers on display on the wall. Just like the good old days....The only reason I was there was in the hope they might have
a vinyl copy of Rory's new one - it's supposed to be coming out on triple vinyl, the special edition, that is.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:
DaveF wrote:On Vinyl

I bet you got that in Celtic Note ;-) I was there myself yesterday and it was nice to see that the vinyl section had expanded. I also love the way they have the Lp covers on display on the wall. Just like the good old days....The only reason I was there was in the hope they might have
a vinyl copy of Rory's new one - it's supposed to be coming out on triple vinyl, the special edition, that is.
I got it in Tower above Easons on O Connell Street Dermot. I was surprised to see it out on vinyl to be honest. I'm keeping an eye on for that Rory one too.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

From Coptic Cat....

Current 93 double Lp...
Last edited by cybot on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
cybot

Post by cybot »

This afternoon, from Boomkat....

Jazkamer - Chestnut Thornback Tar - Ltd. Vinyl w/bonus mix 75 minute CD......
cybot

Post by cybot »

From Norman Records.....

Mika Vainio - Heijastuva - Sahko Recordings (Ltd. Lp)
Tertonmike

Post by Tertonmike »

When I saw these I assumed I'd have most of the contents already but a closer read revealed a hit rate of only about 10%* so I went ahead and bought both boxes. Can't go wrong at about €1.25 per album and nicely presented in facsimiles of original LP covers, although mostly with extra tracks/alternate takes from CD reissues/remasters. Highly recomendededededededed!!!

* ....although not sure what this says about me if these really are the essential albums everyone should own!!!!
"Music is the antidote to the world of pain and sorrow"
Seán

Post by Seán »

Tertonmike wrote:When I saw these I assumed I'd have most of the contents already but a closer read revealed a hit rate of only about 10%* so I went ahead and bought both boxes. Can't go wrong at about €1.25 per album and nicely presented in facsimiles of original LP covers, although mostly with extra tracks/alternate takes from CD reissues/remasters. Highly recomendededededededed!!!

* ....although not sure what this says about me if these really are the essential albums everyone should own!!!!
that you have exquisite taste.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler