MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 7.63 24/96 ax2, it's got the recommended loop, does it solve any issues ?

7.64 maybe sounds better
jorm

Post by jorm »

sbgk wrote:uploaded 7.63 24/96 ax2, it's got the recommended loop, does it solve any issues ?

7.64 maybe sounds better
For Thesycon 2.20 with Ivy Bridge:Yes for both 2496 7.63 and 7.64 avx2. No clicks detected after a brief listening.Thanks!
For Audiophilleo:Unfortunately no,still distortion.
Zuma with i7 IvyB 3770T-1,6GHz,WS R2 MSM ,PPA V4 card + NEC drivers,PPA Red Sata,PPA Pico,PPA power cables,RAM Crucial BT 4GB 800mHz 9-9-9-24 and 3 separate PSUs-TZYun Red USB cable-AP2 with PP -direct BNC -Metrum Octave Mk1-WAL L1-JOB 225
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

sbgk,

What are you using to modify your files?

When mqnplayer blossomed in size I thought I would see what was there with my old standby PE Explorer only to find it does not work with 64 bits but could look inside, slightly, with RESOURCE HACKER.

I see you have cleared all of the obvious junk out of there with the latest version.

BUT, I am curious what do you use with 64 bits files? Hoping for something that allows file slimming with SERVER but not damage the files like RESOURCE HACKER does. Also, hoping it is as easy to use as PE Explorer!

Do you remove all of the error reporting stuff? Assuming you start with something existing - if you make the whole thing up I would guess you do not put that stuff in to begin with!

Curiosity ....
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

rickmcinnis wrote:sbgk,

What are you using to modify your files?

When mqnplayer blossomed in size I thought I would see what was there with my old standby PE Explorer only to find it does not work with 64 bits but could look inside, slightly, with RESOURCE HACKER.

I see you have cleared all of the obvious junk out of there with the latest version.

BUT, I am curious what do you use with 64 bits files? Hoping for something that allows file slimming with SERVER but not damage the files like RESOURCE HACKER does. Also, hoping it is as easy to use as PE Explorer!

Do you remove all of the error reporting stuff? Assuming you start with something existing - if you make the whole thing up I would guess you do not put that stuff in to begin with!

Curiosity ....
killed the cat

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=18989

vs 2013
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Thanks, Gordon, for looking into this "clipping problem" and special thanks for fixing it! :)))

I never got a chance to listen the 7.63 because the 7.64 is a such big improvement (comparing to the latest 7.61) that I could not stop listening!
Huge step forward! :)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sima66 wrote:Thanks, Gordon, for looking into this "clipping problem" and special thanks for fixing it! :)))

I never got a chance to listen the 7.63 because the 7.64 is a such big improvement (comparing to the latest 7.61) that I could not stop listening!
you didn't spot 7.65 ?
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sima66 wrote:Thanks, Gordon, for looking into this "clipping problem" and special thanks for fixing it! :)))

is resolution not still a problem
only ks with good resolution was the 5ms and the realtime version
dunno why were ignoring it instead of working with it
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:

there was feedback that 5ms was sharp edged, I found it lacked bass, realtime is still open to debate and is configurable so not an issue.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:
nige2000 wrote:

there was feedback that 5ms was sharp edged, I found it lacked bass, realtime is still open to debate and is configurable so not an issue.
5ms could be a working progress, think it was only Jonathan that found it sharp edged,
i find the extra resolution has a relaxed effect without loosing the detail,
yes it is less bass, surely theres a way round it?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
TioFrancotirdor

Post by TioFrancotirdor »

Hi I have been following this forum for several months trying and testing MQN (Thanks Gordon for the great job!)
I could only run normal versions of it, however since MQN development tends to use only AVX2 I want to upgrade my current system to be able to enjoy MQN AVX2 versions as well.
At the same time and do not want to spend much money on it.
So I think about upgrading only my current iIntel processor from G2020 (LGA1155) to Intel i3 3220.
Although i3 3220 does not have AVX2 it has AVX and I see that some of you report that MQN AVX2 version works on Ivy AVX.

Guys, Gordon can you tell whether it should work and make sense from future MQN development perspective?

Thanks,
ASUS-H81i Plus, i3 4360, 8GB RAM, Linear PSU. USB/PCI PPA Studio V2.
Ubuntu Live USB in RAM
Soekris R2R Salas Ref D powered -> Modulus 86 -> MA Silver 8