MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: MQN

Post by nige2000 »

sima66 wrote:
nige2000 wrote:
sima66 wrote: Still prefer the 514avx2/2.97.
Please, let that be just MY opinion, my system and my preferences!
KS is definitely moving into the right way. Didn't try the latest PA v61 yet.
What's lacking?
I've no testing done today so I dunno
Funny guy!! :))))
Without to many details and since we have the "photography thread" in here, it's like when you already have the perfect zoom, than you try to zoomed even more and you get everything bigger, but blurrier!
Clarity detail control and timing then?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

and then you look back at your old photos and realise that what you thought was detail was actually artifacts caused by over sharpening. Generally zooms are only good at certain lengths/apertures, you need a fixed lense and even they are not perfect. I always thought there was a similarity between digital audio and photography.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Yet again
I'm sure it's not artifacts ;)

Can't be that surprising that those that put lots of effort into their systems may be hearing more

Anyway last one I heard I thought it was getting good

Drum in moby dick is a good test
Dynamics detail timing control
Especially the finer/light drum stuff
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

nige2000 wrote:Yet again
you are definitely hearing artifacts you don't know it.

try changing windows padding border from default=3 or 4 to 0. tell me you didn't lose some "fake details" or bass.

---
in fact, you might get glitches. because those "fake details" was blurring the jitters.

no wait, tasker comes to the rescue here. it would than clean the glitches. clean sound again.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

jesuscheung wrote:

try changing windows padding border from default=3 or 4 to 0. tell me you didn't lose some "fake details" or bass.

---
in fact, you might get glitches. because those "fake details" was blurring the jitters.

no wait, tasker comes to the rescue here. it would than clean the glitches. clean sound again.
Thank you for finally solving my mystery! :)))))

Gordon, PA v61 is another improvement, more focus and details........or, JC, it might be just more "fake details" or "blurring jitters" .......ehhh, who cares as long as they sound good! ;-)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

sima66 wrote:
jesuscheung wrote:

---

Thank you for finally solving my mystery! :)))))

Gordon, PA v61 is another improvement, more focus and details........or, JC, it might be just more "fake details" or "blurring jitters" .......ehhh, who cares as long as they sound good! ;-)
lol cannot say i don't blur jitters. i do it too. more mildly. didn't go as far as tasker does

but if you do this kind of thing too much, you cannot get further improvements
e.g. timerresolution=0.5ms won't work. realtime won't work. manifest won't work. overclock won't work. correct voltages won't work.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

wasapi is

wait
get buffer
load buffer
release buffer = write to pin + other processing

wdm ks is

wait
write to pin

they both use exactly the same methods of filters, pins etc, just wasapi has it's own code to do this hidden in functions

original pa wdm ks does something horrendous with asynchronous circular buffers and user to host buffer data copying, but that's been removed.

so wasapi has substantially more code overhead and I thought Mqn had shown that code affects the sound.

an artifact is a distortion of something in the sound, so I think it's a good term to use

the remaining thing to do is write wdm ks code in mqnplay
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

7.39+v61 is better again
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

7.36+pa63
still on going improvement
still need a little more detail and agility

listened to moby dick this morning, good testing track but gets old quick enough
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

Tested on Server 2012 R2 with AudioPhil's Optimizer
Mqncontrol 3.64, portaudio 59 and 63, mqnplay 1644 7.39 normal
GUI: ok GUI full AO optimized: ok
Minimal server: ok Minimal server full AO optimized: ok
Core full AO optimized: not working

Tried for the first time my 2496 test files with above plus mqnplay 2496 7.39 normal, find them not working. Seems to crash right at the beginning, window closes at once without any chance to see something.

Any idear?
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4