MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Clive

Re: MQN

Post by Clive »

Still truncates after a reboot. What on earth can be causing this all of a sudden. No system updates or system changes for a few days.

Wierd...now wasapi avx doesn't work but wasapi sse does...this I suppose is part of the avx wierdness from the past. AVX with KS does run. SSE KS and AVX KS both truncate.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Clive wrote:Still truncates after a reboot. What on earth can be causing this all of a sudden. No system updates or system changes for a few days.

Wierd...now wasapi avx doesn't work but wasapi sse does...this I suppose is part of the avx wierdness from the past. AVX with KS does run. SSE KS and AVX KS both truncate.
is it not related to the new version of pa ?
Clive

Post by Clive »

sbgk wrote:
Clive wrote:Still truncates after a reboot. What on earth can be causing this all of a sudden. No system updates or system changes for a few days.

is it not related to the new version of pa ?
Probably not....I get truncation with windows media player too (after a reboot). I'm going to reinstall the Young driver - which is a pain to do as it's a manual install.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded portaudio v55 and mqnplay 7.37 an attempt at low latency version. Gives a 5.14 sound, unless I'm mistaken.

It's just the mqnplay 7.37 that sets the low latency, pa v55 is just another update.

how can the buffer sizes be changed for the cuinas spdif device ? Can't see an option. Maybe it's set by the player.
Last edited by sbgk on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

Tested on Server 2012 R2 with AudioPhil's Optimizer

Mqncontrol 3.64, portaudio 53 and 54, mqnplay 1644 7.36 normal
GUI: ok GUI full AO optimized: ok
Minimal server: ok Minimal server full AO optimized: ok
Core full AO optimized: not working

With my setup pa54 with above combination sounds best. One of my test files, where the strings play, with growing strength, very high notes, had slight distortions at the end of these moments. This is now gone, notes are clear.

You find me smiling and enjoying our journey, thank's!
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
Clive

Post by Clive »

sbgk wrote:uploaded portaudio v55 and mqnplay 7.37 an attempt at low latency version. Gives a 5.14 sound, unless I'm mistaken.

how can the buffer sizes be changed for the cuinas spdif device ? Can't see an option. Maybe it's set by the player.
I don't recall a setting when I used one. Set by the player I believe. Could PA V54 have changed a buffer setting to cause the truncation I now have?
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Clive wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded portaudio v55 and mqnplay 7.37 an attempt at low latency version. Gives a 5.14 sound, unless I'm mistaken.

I don't recall a setting when I used one. Set by the player I believe. Could PA V54 have changed a buffer setting to cause the truncation I now have?
thought you said mediaplayer also truncates, haven't tested for end of track issues so don't know.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

v54 seems better again.
every version timing improves. almost there. e.g. vocal vibration has organic as always just not that steady vibrating.

soundstage is slightly forward. probably just need more accurate timing

---
got it wrong. v53 better. v53 has timing. v54 got worse.
Last edited by jesuscheung on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clive

Post by Clive »

sbgk wrote:
Clive wrote:

thought you said mediaplayer also truncates, haven't tested for end of track issues so don't know.
It does but through the dac too so I wondering if a buffer gets set by PA and it somehow sticks. I'll try 7.37 before I reinstall the driver.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

sorry, got it wrong. v53 better. v53 has timing. v54 got worse. v54 is not stable in vibration e.g. vocal

v53 + 7.36 should be current best for ks
no wait... 7.37?